Chapter 30

Violet

The last couple of months flew by.

Kelly's been growing a lot, both physically and emotionally. It's been amazing having her in the family. Everybody adores her, but it's Carl who has gotten especially attached to her. He protects her as if she were his and it's really wonderful to watch.

We threw her a baby shower because her family wasn't and she was given everything her baby girl will need.

Now that Nova, Ava and Kelly are back in school, Ian and I have been organizing everything to surprise Kelly. Her mother wouldn't allow the gifts we gave her in her house, so we had to keep everything. The crib, the decorations...so we decided to make use of them.

It will be amazing having the baby to take care of. It'll give me something to do now that I'm not teaching.

And now here I am, ecstatic because my cast is no longer on my leg. I am practically jumping out of my skin.

"How does that feel?" The physician asks as his hands examine my leg, moving it side to side. I smile.

"It feels great. I mean, it doesn't hurt." I answer. Lucy, Ian's mother, smiles excitedly down at me. Ian couldn't be here because he had to be at Headquarters to deal with some business. He had to choose whether he'd be an Alpha or not today. It's something he's been particularly quiet about lately.

He was furious when he saw the appointment had been for the same day, but I told him I'd call his mother and he calmed down some.

"Well, Ms. Sinclair, you are almost fully recovered. Congratulations." He says before going to his computer to type in his observations.

"I have a question, Doctor. I'm a dancer and I know the magnitude of my injuries...will I be able to dance again?" I ask a nervous, sick feeling in my gut at the thought of never dancing again. He turns his chair around and smiles at Lucy, then at me.

"Do you want to dance again, Ms. Sinclair?" He asks me, his dark, kind eyes looking into mine. I nod.

"It's my passion to dance. Of course I do." I say. He smiles, patting my leg gently.

"Then you will. See, many doctors will tell you that you can't do this or that because of your complication. I don't. I believe you can dance again. It will take therapy and if there are more complications, then surgery, but most importantly, it takes your dedication and determination. How much do you want to be a dancer again?" My eyes sting with overwhelming emotion.

"With everything I am." I whisper. He smiles wide, his eyes squinting in happiness.

"Everything you are includes your leg, Ms. Sinclair. You'll be dancing again. I guarantee it." He stands and so do I. Lucy behind me the whole time. I see where Ian gets his attentiveness.

"Thank you so much." I tell the doctor. He smiles.

"You are so very welcome. On this card is your next appointment. We will begin therapy. Soon you won't have to use those crutches." He says, handing me a small white card.

We thank him again and get on our way home.

"Are you comfortable there, honey?" Lucy asks, taking her eyes off the road for a moment.

"Yes, I am. It feels so good to be able to move it!" I say with a smile. She laughs.

"Oh, you should call Ian. He must be dying to know if they removed the cast or not." She suggests. "That boy is so in love with you he can't see straight." She sighs. I pick up my cellphone and look at her.

"I'm so grateful for him, for you guys." I say honestly. They have been so very wonderful to me.

"We are grateful for you, Violet. You have no idea how much you have changed all of our lives." As I am about to answer, my phone rings.