Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Ian

It took eight days for Violet to be well enough to leave the hospital. Suarez or Layla, how she demand we call her now, has also been released.

In these eight days a lot has changed in my life and I know these changes are for the better.

I realized so much about myself that it amazes  me. Like the fact that I am completely and utterly obsessed and in love with Violet and that I want to have my ring on her finger and have more children with her.

Also the fact that the past doesn't matter anymore and that she and my children are all I'll ever need.

And that I would do anything for their happiness and their safety and comfort and that is why I went and had Daniel watch her while I worked my magic and did something a bit hasty.

Which is why now, I hold onto Violet's arm as she crutches herself into our home.

Our home. Doesn't that sound fucking amazing?

She looks around, then at me and I love the expression on her beautiful face.

Shock.

"What—Why did you do this?" She asks, letting go of my hand and taking in the view through the glass windows in the living room. Even though it is a two story home, it is rather small and cozy, decorated with amazing wooden walls, table tops and glass windows to enjoy the view of the coast.

It also has an amazing backyard that I already had decorated to match the rustic simplicity of the rest of our home.

"I talked to Nova and Ava. They agreed I should buy something smaller for the two of us, since they will be," I pause, hating the words. "...Moving out soon. They both will study at Riverside, so this is perfect. It's really close." I look around and smile. "When I saw it, I immediately thought of you." She looks back at me, trying to hold back her huge smile.

"But they were raised in that house. This is too much." I walk closer to her, not liking the fact that she has to hold herself up on those things. I put them on the floor and pull her body against mine, giving her the support she may need. I wrap my arms around her waist.

"They think this would be a lovely place to raise our other children." She bites her lip, looking away from me. I kiss her neck. "And no it's not too much. It's a small, beautiful home. I think it would be just great for the two of us." She laughs putting her hands on top of mine.

"So I'm going to live with you?" I kiss her shoulder.

"Yep." I answer smugly.

"And you already talked to Daniel about this?" She says, turning her neck to look at me.

"Yep. I mean, we are still in Los Angeles, just a few minutes away from him." Her eyes widen, but she composes herself.

"I have no word in this, do I?" I chuckle and shake my head.

"No, you don't...unless after our talk tonight you change your mind." She turns in my arms, clumsily. I hold onto her waist to make sure she doesn't fall.

That cast on her leg has been quite the adjustment, for her I mean. I always want my hands on her so this is the perfect excuse.

I'm a bastard, aren't I? A bastard in love with this perfect woman.

"You really think that our talk tonight could stop me from loving you?" I smile before giving her a sweet kiss.

"You shouldn't have loved me after what I did to you in that hotel room...I'm a lucky bastard." There's the word again. She shakes her head, her hands coming to hold my face and her thumbs grazing my lips the way I love.