Chapter 33

Violet

6 months later...

"Stop moving, Violet. I swear to God I'm going to smack you!" Veronica says as she pins a strand of my hair to my head harshly.

Veronica and I have become good friends since I began helping her at the school with her choreography. She's wonderful and moody and she's not cutting me any slack today.

Not even because it's my wedding day.

"I'm nervous, Veronica! I can't stop fidgeting." I say, rubbing my palms together.

"Well, honey, you're getting married. Not being sentenced to death. Although you might as well be." I give her a dirty look through the mirror. She shrugs. "Look, this is the third time I fix your hair. If you ruin it one more time, I'm not fixing it." I still at the thought. "Should have said that ages ago." She murmurs.

She works on the half up, half down thing she had going on my hair for some time and then steps back to admire her work.

"Okay. I'm done." She says. I stand and take myself in.

I look stunning.

My stark white mermaid dress hugs and compliments my body and makes my red curls stand out. My makeup is simple, barely there, but it's flattering.

I take a deep breath as my stomach flips.

There's a knock on the door and I jump.

"It's Ava. I want to see you." Veronica opens the door for her. She walks in, in her gorgeous lilac bridesmaid maxi dress. Ava, Kelly, Becca and Isabelle are my bridesmaids, while Carl, Mike, Nova and Layla (because she chose to) are Ian's best men.

"What do you think?" I ask her, because the last time she had seen me, my hair was a mess. She covers her mouth and tears glisten in her eyes.

"Oh, you look beautiful. You're a dream!" She says, taking me in again and again. I laugh, trying hard not to cry because surely, Veronica would murder me.
"Thank you. You look gorgeous too. Is everything ready?" I ask and she nods, wiping at her eyes.

"Everything's ready. Dad's about to walk down the aisle so don't take too long." She says before hugging me. "I love you." She whispers.

"I love you too, Ava." I whisper back.

"Oh, Ava you have to come outside." Lucy says from the door. We both look at her and she gasps. "You look as stunning as I knew you would, Violet. Oh, Ian's going to die." She gushes. We all laugh as she walks over and hugs me.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" She asks and I nod sincerely.

"I am. I think I'm going to fall or forget my vows." I admit. She shakes her head, with a smile on her face, those ice blue eyes piercing into mine.

"No, my dear. It will all be perfect." She kisses my cheek and then wipes with her thumb. "See you out there, dear." She says before she leaves, taking her granddaughter with her.

"I hear an applause. I think Ian's walking down the aisle!" Veronica says before kissing my cheek. "I have to go, honey. Remember this is your wedding, you have to enjoy it!" She walks away and I look in the mirror.

I'm getting married to the man I love. I'm ready. Just as I am about to walk out, my phone rings.

I take it quickly, not bothering to look.

"Hello." I say.

"Violet." My father's voice makes pain slice through my heart. I sent him a letter telling him I was getting married. He never replied.