Chapter 10

Violet

“Just wait 'till you see her.” Nova's blue eyes dance excitedly as he tells me about a girl who arrived yesterday. “She's got this bad ass attitude, you can tell just by looking at her. It's fucking hot. Not to mention her body. Damn, she's got a nice ass.” I hold up a finger as my students start to come in. I wave at them, earning some smiles.

“Control your language, Hayden.” I scold. He winks at me with a smirk, but as if he had remembered something, his face changes.

“What happened yesterday?” He asks, his gaze shifting from me to the door, then back to me.

“I was not feeling very well.” My lie is completely ignored as his eyes narrow, then widen and he smirks his shark grin.

“Fucking hell. I have to have her.” I slap his arm, not too hard, and scold him for the language again.

The door opens and Ava and a girl who I do not recognize, but know is Nova's new obsession, come to view.

“You must be the new student I've been hearing about all day. Hi. I'm Violet Sinclair.” She smiles at me, nodding her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink. I get why Nova's fussing. She's beautiful. Deeply tanned skin, the brightest hazel eyes I've ever seen, high cheekbones and black hair that curls softly down to her shoulders. She has a very nice build; she must workout.

“Well, hello.” We laugh because she is feeling a bit awkward. “I'm Alexis Black and I had no idea I was already being talked about.” I offer her a smile.

“Were you home schooled?” I suddenly get the urge to ask. She nods. “Well, welcome to high school, sweetheart.” She giggles. Ava smiles at me and Nova is just openly staring at her like she's prey. I notice everybody takes her in. She's definitely turning heads in those tiny shorts and tank top. “Okay, guys. Stretch.”

“Is Daniel not coming today?” Ava asks before getting to work. I shrug.

“I've no idea. Maybe he had scheduled a class this afternoon.” She frowns as she begins stretching. I stretch with them, making sure to tell Alexis what she has to do next. We reach the last step, where we bend over and touch our toes.

“Calm down, Satan!” Nova exclaims, behind Alexis. The guys laugh and I try really hard to keep the smile off my face.

“Now, I need someone who knows everything I taught, along with Daniel last time to help Ms. Black.” I look at her and realize I hadn't asked her a very important question. “Have you danced before?” She nods.

“A few lessons here and there.” I'm pleased.

“Have you danced tango?” She shakes her head.

“No, but I've danced a bit of salsa and waltz, so partnering won't be a problem.” I nod, pleased again.

“I'll dance with Pocahontas.” Nova's voice makes her flush a little deeper and she turns around to look at him.

“The name's Alexis.” She snaps. I smirk. There's the badass he was talking about/

“How could I ever forget, Pocahontas?” The class seems to feed of this little interaction. Except for Ava. She looks angry.

“Hayden, control your emotions.” He nods at me, with a (wait for it) wink and looks back down at the angry girl before him. “Will you dance with him, Ms. Black.” She looks at me over her shoulder with a small smile.

“I will.” And that smile I was talking about earlier? Yeah. I had to fight it for the entire class.

Daniel made it to the class and we now stand waving the kids goodbye and drinking out of our water bottles.