Chapter 22

“Love doesn't hide. It stays and fights. It goes the distance, that's why love is so strong. So it can carry you all the way home.”

-Unknown

Sometimes all we need is to remember the people we have to fight for in order to have strength to do just that: fight.

Ian

“I am about to fucking lose it.” I growl, sitting on the sofa at Violet’s apartment. I look over at Daniel, who seems to be in shock. It’s been two days since Violet was taken and we haven’t found anything. We keep looking here and in different places Angelina “frequented”, according to Daniel.

But what they fuck does he know?

“Has anything been found?” A collective ‘No, sir’ makes me sigh in frustration.

“I don’ know if fuckin’ shit is somethin’. Have a look at it, Hayden.” Sailor says, pushing Daniel’s legs and sitting beside me. I take the small paper from his hands.

                   A boy, a man, very beautiful and cocky,

                   A wonderful mix of black, blue and gray.

                   Two girls whose colors I won’t give away,

                   One met you in a haze, the other by a coffee place.

“Well, is it important?” I look at Sailor, at Daniel, whose eyes are opening and at the paper.

“Yes…yes it is. Where did you find it?” I say, reading between the lines. He looks at me, his beard twitching.

“Inside the toilet. Bitch is fucking crazy.” I am thankful for Sailor’s imagination. It’s no wonder the man is a legend.

“Turn it the fuck over. There’s more.” I do.

                   Dog, if you sniff

                   To stop being blind

                   Maybe just maybe

                   A violet you will find.

                                    ~L

“L?” Sailor asks.

“L for Lina…” I take a deep breath and notice Daniel sit up. “I hope you’re in for a good questioning and a hunt. The bitch left us poems…to help us find Violet.” Daniel’s eyes narrow.

“She loves poetry, stories with tragic endings…always been that way.” He mutters. Sailor soaks in the information and stands.

“Read it again, Hayden. What’s the fucking clue?” I don’t even hesitate.

“The coffee place.” I say and a sudden thought rushes out of my mouth. “Wolves.” They all stiffen, freeze and look at me. “Suarez was on a date with a woman…maybe that woman was Angelina. I want her tracked.” All Alpha’s wear a chip on the base of their neck to be found and contacted at all times.

The pack of them move out of the apartment and into our vans and I know they are following my orders.

“Fucking genius. Only wish Mikael was here to put both your stupid heads together. We gotta find that woman an’ that baby. Man, you gonna be a fuckin’ dad.” I meet Sailor’s eyes.