Chapter 14

Ian

FUCK!
I should  have stayed with her. Even if I blew up doing so, I should have. She ws so fucking hurt, so fucking angry.

I’m an asshole, but I guess we already knew that.

She must be even more hurt by my dragging her into bed with me. She kissed me back, responded to me and I thought I had a green light. But it was anger and lust making her respond the way she did. She let me take her shirt off, see her scar, because she wasn’t doing this out of pleasure. She was doing it out of anger.

I didn’t even take the time to tell her she was beautiful, even with that scar. I just used her, as she used me. We both got the release we needed and then she was gone.

“I know the last thing on your mind right now is work, but we need to talk. Wolf, Newcasttle didn't just meet Violet, he got information out of her.” I keep myself calm, as I have Ava lying down with her head in my lap and a book in her hands. We watch Nova swim laps in the pool.  

“Not today.” I respond simply. He sighs.

“Wolf, there’s a lot we need to discuss. Let me come over and talk this through with you.” I take a deep breath and Ava must sense what I'm feeling because she sits up and gives me a smile before sitting by the edge of the pool.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” He sighs.

“We need to meet, Ian. Is Violet still over there?”

“No, she’s not. I did something I shouldn’t have and she left.” I explain, walking into the house. I need to talk to her.

“What happened?” I pinch the bridge of my nose.

“After she fell asleep I left to see Becca.” Silence.

“What the fuck, Ian?” He yells. “You pursue her even though you shouldn’t, you get her to be with you, to trust you and then you cheat on her?” Anger boils up inside me for the hundredth time today.

“I didn’t fucking cheat on her. I woke Becca up at 3 in the morning to work. Manuel called Violet last night. She was so shaken up I had to do something. I alerted all the agents we have out there to get a move on, then we came up with some strategies.” There’s some noise in the backround and then a woman’s voice.

“Is that Ian on the phone? ¡Maldito perro! Give me the phone!” Lina.

“I know what you think he did, baby, but,” his voice is cut off by hers.

“Ian Hayden, you are so lucky I have no idea where you live!” She shouts. “You will tell me what the hell you did because she won’t.”

“Lina, it’s all a misunderstanding. She saw something she shouldn’t have seen and misunderstood. She thinks I slept with another woman.” She laughs bitterly.

“Ian.” She says in a warning tone.

“Angelina, I don’t owe explanations to you. I should be talking to her instead.” She huffs into the phone. I see the resemblance.

“You’re right, but that wouldn’t stop me from kicking your ass into next week.” I laugh. “Laugh all you want, I’m wearing four inch stilettos that could come in handy.” This woman sure is something.

“How is she?” I ask her. She scoffs as if I had asked a stupid question.

“Think about her fucking another man. How would you feel?” I would be in a cell, if that were to happen.

There is some more noise and her complaints tell me Mike got a hold of the phone.

“You’re leaving? I see. You came to use me; because you knew you could get to him through me….I see how it is.” I roll my eyes.