Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A/N:

Very, very long chapter. Hope you guys enjoy <3

I have never told you guys to listen to a song during or after a chapter, but this time these songs are perfect (if you don't know spanish, you won't understand the second one, but I put the parts of it that I loved the most in english for you). 

Daylight by Maroon 5

This is our last night but it's late

And I'm trying not to sleep

Cause I know, when I wake, I will have to slip away

And when the daylight comes I'll have to go

But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close

Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own

But tonight I need to hold you so close

Disparo al corazón (Shot to the heart) by Ricky Martin

Meeting you was a shot to the heart

You attacked me with a kiss in cold blood

And I knew

That it was such a deadly wound that it caused..

That this crazy adventurer died

That day began

All this love with just a shot to the heart

I didn’t understand how it happened

With the skill

Of a great sniper

Each of your bullets

Hit me in the soul

Ian

Today we fly over to Vegas for my fight. Tonight, I have to deal with the press. Questions, pictures, facing my opponent. Tomorrow, I fight.

Everybody has been unusually quiet today and being in a private jet, the tension is practically bouncing off the walls.

I know something happened yesterday.

Ava was once again on the verge of tears by the end of the night, Violet was red-faced and fled as soon as she could and Daniel has his face buried on the screen of his phone.

Violet is sitting next to me, looking out of the jet’s window. Ava and Nova are on the seats across the aisle from us and Daniel is at least two rows away.

Something’s definitely off.

“Lovely girl, why don’t you look at me? What’s wrong?” I whisper, reaching out to touch her cheek. She turns her face to me and smiles, but I know it’s not a real smile. No matter how beautiful she may look.

“Nothing’s wrong…I’m just so nervous. I didn’t like to watch you get hurt the last time.” I sigh and pull her against me. There’s something else bothering her. I see it in those amber eyes.