Chapter 7 (pt. 2)

VIOLET

“I am completely capable of walking, you know?” I say as Ian walks around the parking lot with me wrapped around him. As much as I enjoy him against me, this is ridiculous. I must be getting heavy.

“Nova took my car.” I says, finally paying attention to me. I look into his laughing blue-gray gaze and smirk.

“Guess we were making up whether we wanted to or not.” I shrug. He smiles before pecking my lips.

“I’ll drive your car, sweet girl.” He says making his way through the almost deserted parking lot, yet again, to look for my car.

“Okay. Where are going?” We reach my car and he finally puts me down. He hands me my bag and I start looking for my keys.

“Dinner, sweetheart.” I hand him my keys and he opens my door for me.

“Is that our thing? Dinner?” I ask as I sit. He winks and grins a huge grin.

“It is.” He closes my door and makes his way to the other side of the car, settling in quickly and starting it. He starts to drive. It is now, that he places one hand on the wheel and the other on my knee, that I notice his nearly purple fists.

“Ian, what did you do?” I ask holding up the hand that was on knee. He curses repeatedly, but doesn’t answer my question. “Ian?”

“I was pissed at Mike…He let you in, sweet girl.” I throw his hand back at him and scowl. He looks at me briefly.

“Don’t “sweet girl” me. You hurt him?” His hand touches my knee, but I flinch away.

“He knows his way around my anger, Violet. He is fine.” I cross my arms over my chest.

“Nova and Ava…did they see?” He hesitates.

“Nova was already there. He did…but Ava didn’t. She knows, because we don’t keep things from each other, but she wasn’t there.” I nod.

“You can’t fix everything with your fists, Ian. It only works like that in the ring.” His hand tries again for my knee. I let him. “I know about your anger. We’ll try to not let it get the best of you.” I say, putting my hand over his. He looks at me, a smug look on his face.

“We? I like that…a lot.” I look out the window to keep him from seeing my smile.

“Don’t get too excited.” His hand turns and he intertwines his fingers with mine. “Can I see Mike today? I want to apologize…see how he is.” His hand tightens.

“I’ll give him a call. We are going to my house and he lives close. Maybe he can stop by.” I look at him.

“He’s not mad?” He shakes his head, his eyes firmly on the road.

“Mike has known me for a very long time. We’ve fought many times, baby. He knows how to handle me.” He says full of conviction.

“How does he?” He looks at me, then at the road.

“Well, for one thing, his father is a professional trainer. Carl trained his own son before he trained me or my brother. When we were younger, and barely knew each other, we used to fight when my temper flared. Now, after so many years, he lets me blow off the steam without getting hurt. That bastard can avoid most of my blows without breaking a sweat.” I smile at his tone. No matter how much those two bother each other, their bond is strong, brotherly.

“I like him.” His hand tightens and I laugh once.

“Don’t get too excited. You’re mine.” I raise his hand to my lips and kiss it.