Chapter 6

Violet 

“Well, thank God you won’t have to see it again. Just take me home.” He pulls my body to him, his arms around my waist keeping our chests against each other forcefully. My feet are off the ground and I look right into the beautiful swirls of color that his eyes are.

“You are hearing what you want to hear. You know that is not what I meant. Answer the fucking question, Sinclaire.” I shove his chest, but it’s no use.

There is no way I am telling this man anything about that. He will see me differently. I am tainted and he will not want me anymore. He won’t want me close to his kids.

“Answer me.” He growls as he shakes me. A traitorous tear escapes me.

“Let. Me. Go.” My voice shakes. His eyes soften, but his grip tightens. Tears keep falling from my eyes, sticking strands of my hair to my face.

“Not until you talk.” I try to shove him, to kick him but it’s not effective. “Stop thrashing like a five-year-old.”

“I swear I will scream bloody murder, Ian.” He shakes his head, exasperated. I know he’s angry by the way his jaw clenches. “Let me go. You have no reason to be fucking worried. You’re nobody.” I shove and this time he does let go. I stumble, then catch my equilibrium. Now he’s angry.

“That is not what you thought when you were asking me to make you come, now was it?” I walk over to him and swing, but he catches my wrist and the iron grip sends pain like electricity through my skin. I make a sound between a growl and a moan of pain and he releases my wrist.

“Animal!” I shove at his chest. He grabs my hips and steadies my body against his. “Stop fuking touching me. You’re a beast!” And it ignites me somehow.

“Don’t fucking call me that again.” He grits his teeth.

“Let me go. I’ll find my way out of here.” I struggle, but he crushes me to him. I am surprised to find he is aroused.

“Fuck you, Violet.” His mouth clashes with mine and our tongues fight for dominance in a kiss full of anger. Damn the way my heart races and my toes curl. His hands on my face start getting rough so he moves them to my hair and pulls so my mouth is perfectly aligned with his and his tongue plunges deeper. His other hand on the small of my back holds me to his arousal.

 My body feels like it’s on fire. A fire that I know will never stop burning as long as I am in his arms. A fire that, I know, one day will consume me whole.

His teeth graze over my lower lip with a growl as my hands pull on his hair.

We were just fighting, you say?

I stop the kiss, shoving him away. We look at each other, panting as if we had just run a marathon.

“Why does it feel like I have to fight you all the time, Violet?” He breathes, his arms wrapped around me keeping me close. “Just give in.”

“I am not going to sit and wait on your every wish, Ian.” I tell him. “And that is what you’re accustomed to, is like isn’t it? Easy women? Easy answers?” His eyes harden.

“I don’t see you like that. I don’t want that from you either.” He tells me and a bitter laugh escapes me. I take his arms off me.

“That is not what you thought when you were asking me to make you come, was it?”     He catches on the bitterness of my tone and steps back. “You see me as the rest, but I’m not. I let you touch me so I guess I haven’t shown it, but that doesn’t mean I am.” I take a few steps back, checking myself for my cellphone. I have it. “I will find my way home. Thank you, again, for everything.” I say and walk away.