Chapter 19

Ian

“Head in the game, Hayden!” Carl says before striking me upside the head. “Come on. Is this how you plan on winning your last fight, boy?”  Anger surges through me like fire and I begin to really move.

It’s been a month since the night I got Violet back. We’ve seen each other every day since then. Some days we have lunch, others she comes to the house to spend the afternoon with Ava, Nova and me.

Sometimes she spends the night.

And thank fuck for the little vixen that my woman has turned into.

We’ve become even crazier for each other. In my car, in her car, at her house, at mine, on the bed, against the wall, in the shower…you get the idea.

The woman is simply insatiable, but then again I can’t get enough of her either.

“That’s looking clean, Wolf.” I hear Mike call out. I nod, sending more jabs toward Carl. The man looks tired, but he keeps moving, taking the blows, hitting me two times harder.

“Alright. We’re done for today.” He pants. “You’re ready for Saturday.” He says as we both get out of the ring. I toss him my bottle of water. He catches it and drinks.

“I can’t believe I’m missing your last fight, man.” Mike says, tossing me another bottle. I thank him silently, taking long, refreshing drink.

“You can watch it and the important thing is you’re making it on Sunday.” I say, trying to sound optimistic, because I really don’t like that he can’t come either.

“It’s not the same. I’ve never been absent in one of the kids’ birthdays. Not one.” I give him an impatient look. “At least I’ll make it to party on Sunday.” I chuckle.

“How are you so sure I’m going to win?” I ask him. Carl scoffs, using his towel to get rid of his sweat.

“Because I trained you.” He states simply and drinks from his bottle.

“And because you’ve been undefeated for years now.” I shrug.

“Shit happens.” They both raise a hand indicating I need to stop. I raise both of  mine sitting on the bench.

“Yeah. Shit happens. That’s exactly why Uncle Mike won’t make it to his nephew and niece’s eighteenth birthday.” I take a deep breath.

 “Mikael, you have always been there for them and they know that, but they also know what a busy, well-known mechanic you are and they are not going to stop loving you because you weren’t there.” I hate the defeated look on his face. “Plus, tonight is your engagement party. Lighten up.” His face illuminates instantly. I roll my eyes as his twinkle.

“I’m impressed. My future daughter-in-law did plan it all pretty fast.” Carl mumbles. I shake my head.

“No, no. My woman had a lot to do with all that planning.” I defend Violet. He smirks at me and his son, who seems to be in a trance.

“You two are so hung up in your women, so love sick…Jesus” He shudders dramatically,/Up until Mike’s mother’s death he was also love sick.

I bet he still is.

“Well, let’s get to it. I am looking forward to the party and watching your last time on that ring, Wolf. We know you’ll bring back that title.” I look up at Mike and smile thankfully.

My brother.

 “No other man fights like the Wolf.” Rebecca. I turn in the direction of her voice and find her smiling at me. She wears a blouse and a very tight skirt and her signature heels. Her blonde hair is up in a tight knot at the top of her head, making her high cheekbones even more striking. “Alpha Grayson. Mikael.” They nod at her. “Ian.” She purrs. I stand.