Chapter 22 - First day of home school

Himiko took to life in the bar, and Kurogiri, extraordinarily well.

Her new room was filled with cute things and pink and red, so so much red. It was everything she'd always wanted and the first place she'd genuinely called home in years. The brief glance into her roomie's gamer cave next door made her smile fondly, it was just as Tomura as her own room was hers and she loved it.

The blonde was currently sitting at the bar counter, kicking her feet playfully as she drank a soda that the misty bartender gave her to try and ease her boredom. The cranberry ginger-ale wasn't the sweetest or most delicious thing she'd ever drunk, but it was a beautiful shade of red and healthy enough that she could ask for more of them than any other drink her new caretaker could make for her. She was eagerly waiting for her bestie to appear, how strange it was to actually be excited for school! She wondered what her sort of friend and fellow street kid Dabi would say about this when he finds out.

Speaking of Dabi, she should find him and tell him about this place. He'd gladly help Kurogiri wipe down tables if it meant no more sleeping in alleys.

Himiko was broken from her thoughts by the arrival of her two favorite greenettes. "Izumi!"

The teens hugged, Inko doing the same with Kurogiri not so far away. The mist man formed a portal once everyone had pulled away, gesturing for the girls to go. Toga glanced curiously when the adults stayed behind, her friend explaining "Mom told me she was going to start going back to her old jobs, so she and Kurogiri are going to tend the bar while we're here."

The blonde's eyes sparkled at the knowledge "You mean-"

"Yeah. Ebon Pull's going to be coming out of retirement."

The pair squeed, earning a pointed throat clearing from across the room. Turning their gaze to the source the girls flushed in embarrassment. Hisashi smirked playfully as he gestured to a large empty table in front of him with two chairs. "As much as I agree with your sentiments about my Inko's return to vigilantism we do have work to do girls."

"Sorry Sensei." the pair muttered as they sat down.

Both teens were very excited to know what they would be learning, eyeing the two stacks of books and worksheets with curiosity. The raven smiled and pressed a button on a remote he had in his hand "Yes, you'll be given those later. They're for you to do at your own pace, and preferably together. So long as the contents are memorized and understood I could care less if it was done the traditional way. Society may claim to be more advanced, but I guarantee the schoolwork and tests you take are nearly identical to the ones I took over 200 years ago. And those were ancient when I was a student."

Izumi nodded, hardly surprising either when she explained "I looked it up when I entered Orudera. Teaching practices have remained largely unchanged for over 500 years, only adding minor changes to specific information that's been added over the years in topics like science and history."

"Very true. But back on track." behind him appeared a screen, which showed a photo of himself and another man who bore a striking resemblance to Tomura laughing together in formal wear colored to match their hair (black for Hisashi and white for the other). "I'm going to start by teaching you about the history i'm most familiar with, since I can tell you many personal accounts beyond the propaganda and watering down to make it palatable for children. This photo is from the start of my career in heroism, Yuuko and I took this after our first successful capture as a team." Noting his daughter's gazing at the photo and confused mien the villain added "Yuuko was my younger brother. And he was underestimated by many as my partner because his quirk was what is known today as an invisible quirk, so all of us believed he was quirkless."