Chapter 3

"Miss, are you okay?"

Izumi looked up from her knees with a jolt and into bright red eyes. At first she panicked, thinking K-Bakugou (Don't call him Kacchan anymore Izumi!) had found her, but on closer inspection they were the wrong shade. Bakugou's eyes were a deep, blood red that were always angry or disgusted - surprisingly cold for such a warm color. These eyes were more of a warm pinkish-red, like candy or the sky at sunset - they were warm and kind. They suited the cute little girl they were attached to.

Her hair was long, wavy, and pure white in color with a single curved horn peeking from her right temple. Her outfit was a white dress that made her look like a doll with shiny black mary jane style shoes and matching gloves on her hands. The first thought Izumi had was 'Unicorns are real, I have just met one... Oh my god she is so cute!'

"Thanks! You're really pretty too! 'Specially when you smile." the little girl stated as she beamed back at the green-haired teen.

'Oops... I said that out loud.'

"Thank you... um?"

"Eri."

"Eri. I'm Izumi." the teen replied with a sincere but watery smile, picking the leaves from the child's hair when it became obvious that she wasn't going to shake her offered hand. "I like your name, it's really cool and it sounds cute... It suits you."

Eri blushed at the attention, looking down at her feet sheepishly. "Thank you... Your name is pretty too. It means "spring" right?"

"Yeah..." the greenette said with a vulpine smile "And my surname is Midoriya."

It had the desired reaction, the 5 year old bursting into giggles. "Green Valley Spring?!"

Izumi joined in until her injuries protested, drawing a hiss of pain from the teen. Eri stared at the teen with obvious worry "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine! It's not that bad!"

The white haired girl's unimpressed stare and pointed look to the elder's obvious injuries was adorable, if only because you wouldn't expect an expression that adult from such a young child. Izumi smiled awkwardly "You're pretty smart, most people fall for that."

The younger girl puffed up in pride "Dad taught me how to read people so I can tell if they're lying, he says it's important."

"Very important." the teen agreed before wondering aloud "Does your dad know you're here? You're a little young to be out this late by yourself."

"Mmhmm! I made him chase me through the bushes!" the girl explained proudly "He'll find us eventually. Then he can use his quirk to fix you!"

"Fix me?"

"Dad's quirk let's him make people better when he touches them." the child explained, eyes sparkling with excitement "It's really cool! Cooler than my quirk for sure!"

Izumi smiled and pet the other girl's white locks comfortingly "I'm sure you have a wonderful quirk Eri, any quirk can be good if you look long enough."

Eri looked up at the teen, galaxies of emotion in her red eyes. But before she could respond to Izumi a voice called out "Eri please come back now. I'm really not in the mood for-" The pair's attention snapped to the source, a man with short brown hair stumbling through the bushes in front of them. 'This must be Eri's father.' Izumi mused as she took in his appearance. He had a black medical mask over his face and medical gloves over his hands. 'Probably a doctor... or a germophobe." He was wearing a green jacket with a dark fur trim on the hood over dark business attire - black button up, black slacks, black belt, and a white tie. Despite his overt discomfort at the dirt and - is that a spider web! (No wonder he looks grossed out, most people hate spiders. Not Izumi, but she's been told she's weird.) - he still gave off an aura of power.