Chapter 21 - Family Bonding

The next morning Izumi woke to find herself sharing her bed with two other people, a bit too groggy still to remember why or how. Her face was buried in long white hair, the owner of which was cuddled into her front with their face buried in the teen's cleavage. As she regained her awareness the greenette recognized the culprit as Eri. One mystery person down the teen turned her attention to the other, who was using both Eri and herself as a teddy bear. Judging by the way their long limbs wrapped all the way around both Eri and herself easily, as well as the flash of blue she caught in the corner of her eye when she tried to get a glimpse of their face, this one was Tomura.

As the memories of how she came to be sleeping in a cuddle pile with the pair returned with her wakedness Izumi smiled.

Last night, when Kai and Hari were preparing to go home, Izumi offered that the 5 year old stay the night. The brunette was confused at first when she'd said it would save them from having to drop the child off in the morning, planning to give his fiance another day off to spend with her family. But Izumi was determined to keep her promise of watching Eri this weekend, she refused to make Kai take another day off for her sake.

Eri was perfectly happy with the impromptu sleepover to absolutely no one's surprise.

And as for how Tomura came to join the girls in the cuddle pile? Did anyone really expect Izumi to let her big brother, a man known for sleeping issues, spend the night on a couch by himself?

A flash of light caught the greenette's attention, drawing her equally green gaze to its source in her doorway. There stood her father, wearing only a pair of baggy sweatpants, with a camera in his hands and a cheeky smirk on his face. Izumi rolled her eyes in fond exasperation, it appears that some things never change where her father's concerned. "Morning dad."

"Good morning princess." the raven replied a bit too cheerfully for Tomura's liking, judging by groan he made into his sister's shoulder. "Sleep well?"

"Fuck off... Too early for this goddamn bullshit..." the elder teen grumbled, burying his face further into the back of Izumi's neck. The greenette struggled not to laugh at her brother's morning grumpiness, which she'd grown somewhat used to over the last few days since meeting him. Hisashi however made no attempts to hide his laughter at the response.

----

After everyone had woken up and eaten breakfast, which was peppered with the bluenette's bitter comments about being the only non-morning person of the lot, the family left for the mall. Eri's awed reaction to the Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall and the many stores within was adorable. And her matter of fact comment of "Dad is going to bathe me in antiseptic when I get home." afterward drew a surprised bark of laughter from Izumi.

The family spent a good handful of hours just wandering and going into any and every store that looked even remotely interesting to them. Several clothing stores were raided for new outfits for everyone, even Eri left with a few new dresses courtesy of Izumi's mostly untouched salary from babysitting her. A bookstore was browsed for several shelves worth of reading for Izumi, Hisashi, and Eri. Izumi's being about history, heroes, villains, and vigilante's. Her father's were teaching aides on several subjects for his daughter's schooling, as well as a handful of his favorite novels through the centuries he'd lived. And Eri's were all about the ocean, fish, and animals in general.

The greenette giggled when she imagined the look on Kai's face at her myriad of new animal care books.

While the trio raided the bookstore Inko had followed her adoptive son into the Gameshoppe next door. The telekinetic watched as he animatedly explained the various genres and sub-genres of the medium and rambled about each major company's main series. Tomura and Inko rejoined the others with a few purchases each of their own, the former eager to expand his quirk buddy's gaming resume with some titles more suited to her age range and mildly impressed at his mother's newfound interest in his hobby. Izumi took one look at her mother's purchases from the store and raised eyebrows. "Survival Horror, shooters, and Dark Soulful?! You're starting with those?!"