XII

Y/N

"It's party time!" I yelled. I was more happy about the fact that I will be able to eat as much as I want. Sunyeon was in a bad mood ever since this morning. "You promised to not talk to the prince," he reminded me. I rolled my eyes before I turned around to face him. "Yes, I did. Now what?" I arched an eyebrow. "Just so you won't forget." He smirked which made me roll my eyes again. "Be happy for once. We're invited to a party! We never went to parties out of this small village!" I jumped in joy. "Yeah, yeah. Now get into your dress. Your mother wants me to take you to the party and she'll kill me if we're not one time." I nodded and went into my room to get that dress on.

I never wear makeup since I don't have the money for that but I'm lucky my skin is quite clear. As I finally got the dress on I got out of the room and walked up to Sunyeon. "Damn, you look beautiful!" he complimented. I smiled and complimented him as well. "Let's go!" We both left the village.

As soon as we arrived we felt a bit uncomfortable. We used to sneak in but now we could walk through the gates. We just had to show a piece of paper and we were allowed to get in. Not to mention that you could easily fake an invitation...

We followed the crowd into a ballroom. It was stunning. The place was covered with flowers and crystals. Gold was the main color in this palace which made the white flowers and crystals look even better. There was an orchestra in the back. The music they made was soft and relaxing. I glanced at Sunyeon who was looking around but didn't seem to notice the beauty. It seems like he was looking for someone. "What are you looking for?" I asked which made him look at me. "That bastard," he replied shortly. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the table with food.

I stuffed some snacks in my mouth and looked around. I saw my mother talking with some other woman. I smiled as it looked like they had fun talking. As I looked around to find my dad I was shocked when I saw the prince looking my way while talking to his friends. I couldn't move for a second. When he made his way towards me I finally was able to run away. I grabbed Sunyeon's arm and pulled him along towards the garden were only a few more guests were.

"Everything alright?" he asked and I just nodded. "The prince was walking towards me so I had to run away," I explained. The boy pulled me in a hug all of a sudden. "Everything okay?" I asked confused. "Thank you for keeping your promise. I honestly thought you would just talk to him." I smiled and patted his back. "No problem."