IX

Y/N

"News!" I heard Sunyeon's voice. I got out of my house where I was busy making dinner. "News!" He yelled again until at least one person of each family was standing around him. "We've got an invitation for the party so we don't need to sneak in! The prince gave them to me!" I widened my eyes. He talked to the prince?!

"Minho, this is the invitation for your family." Sunyeon handed the piece of paper to the boy who ran to Mr. Seo, his dad. I was eagerly waiting for my invitation. My mother and father probably want to stay home since they don't like going to parties but maybe with this invitation I can convince them to go. I mean, we only had parties and festivals between these walls. I think it's a honor to be invited to a royal party.

"And the last invitation is for the Lee family." My friend gave the invitation to Mrs. Lee and turned to me. He probably saw my sad expression and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry. I'll stay here with you. My sister would be glad I don't come along." I chuckled softly at his statement. His one year older sister is really annoyed by us. We always spy on her. 

But that funny fact doesn't take away my sad feeling for not getting an invitation. 

I heard my mother yelling so I went home. After I said 'see you later' to Sunyeon of course. "Y/n, where's our invitation?" My father asked as soon as I entered the house. "We didn't get one," I mumbled and sat down. My mom had finished our dinner and served it. I immediately start eating.

As I lay in bed waiting for my mom and dad to fall asleep I heard Sunyeon already on the roof. I decided to just go out as well and opened the curtains. I climbed onto the roof and called for my friend. "Sunyeon. I'm here." The boy turned around and walked up to me. But when my eyes adjusted to the darkness I wasn't met with Sunyeon. In front of me stood the very handsome prince.

"Hello, Y/n," he greeted but I couldn't answer. The words were stuck in mouth. "I wanted to give you this. Your friend tried to hide it but unfortunately for him I saw it." He handed me the invitation I thought I wouldn't get. "How do you know who I am?" Instead of being polite and greet him properly, stupid me asked him that. "A few days ago you took your friend with you and I heard him calling you Y/n. And today I had a small talk with him as well," he explained. 

"Y/n? who's that?" I turned around and this time it was Sunyeon who I was met with. "I'll get going. I'll see you at the party. You won't see me till then." With that the prince disappeared. I looked at Sunyeon and spoke. "You've got something to explain."