Chapter 0: Prologue

Start from the beginning

Emiko suddenly stopped in her tracks, making me stop as well. She then looked at me with worry in her eyes.

Emiko: "Have you been dreaming about dad again?"

Connor: "Maybe..."

Emiko: "Look, it's been 5 years, I know it's been tough on you, it's been really tough on me too. But you can't let it hang over you forever"

I laughed a little.

Connor: "Since when did you start giving out life advice?"

Emiko grinned.

Emiko: "When I realized my brother needed it. Now let's keep going, or we'll be late"

Emiko ran past me, making me try to catch up to her.

Connor: "You're the one who stopped in the first place!"

Emiko: "Only because you said something"

Suddenly, we could hear the school bell ring from a block away.

Connor: "Oh crap!"

We sprinted down the block and reached our school. However right before I could run in the door, one of the 12th graders put his leg out in front of me and made me trip. I hit the ground hard and looked back at him.

Connor: "What the hell?!"

12th Grader: "Ah, go to hell. What are you gonna do about it?"

I was about to get up and punch him, but Emiko held me back

Emiko: "He's not worth it, let's just get to homeroom"

Connor: "Fine...."

Now, our school was your average high school, holding 9th to 12th graders. However, when you're a 9th grader, you're at the bottom of the hierarchy. So you should always stick to yourself and your friends. That is, if you have any. Me and my sister didn't have a single friend, since everyone seemed to avoid us for some reason.

We somehow made it to homeroom and went through our day like normal. I was sitting in math class, which was my final class for the day, just waiting for the bell to ring. Emiko was in science, and I envied her. Science was one of my favorite classes.

I suddenly felt something hit the back of my head. It was a ball of paper. I looked back and saw the same 12th grader looking at me. I ignored him and continued working on my math assignment.

After class, I was outside, since the school day was pretty much over. However, I saw Emiko was being held up against the wall of the building by the same 12th grader. This drove me over the limit. I walked over to him, making him look over to me.

12th Grader: "Oh sh*t! I forgot this was your sister. Now I'll kick her ass too"

Before he could say anything else, I clenched my fist and slammed it into the side of his head. He fell to the ground as Emiko ran over to me.

Emiko: "T-Thanks, but I could've handled it"

Suddenly, before I was able to say anything in response, I felt something hit me in the back of my head. I crumbled to the ground before looking up. I saw a big group of 12th graders, and one with a baseball bat. He was probably from the baseball team.

Emiko: "Leave Connor alone!"

Emiko ran at him, however when she tried to hit him, he just pushed her down to the ground. He went to swing the bat down on her.

Connor: "STOP!!!!!"

Suddenly, the entire sky turned blood red. Above us, a giant symbol appeared in the sky.