Chap 14 - Part II

Bella POV

I wake up to the sound of Daddy's car starting.

"Daddy, where we goin?" I said slipping.

"We're going to the eyes doctor sweet girl, remember?" Oh dats wight it's Tuesday.

"Oh, otey Daddy. Do you tink de habes wowwipops?" I ask excited.

"Maybe, if you're good I'll see if I can get you one. But remember, you have to be big sweet girl." He looked at me seriously.

"I knows Daddy. Don't wowwy." I smiled and he rubbed my thigh with his thumb like he always did in the car. We pulled up to the office and I yanked my self out of headspace. I wait for Daddy to come help me out of the truck before we go into the building. He walks up to the receptionist. I hid behind him a little.

"Hello ma'am, my name's Christian Night, my girlfriend, Isabella Parker has an appointment today." She clicked on the computer.

"Is she new here?" The lady asked.

"Yes ma'am." He was very polite. Add it to the long list of things I like about him. we had to wait a little before we got called back.

"Isabella? My name is Dr. Hernandez." I shook his hand.

"You can call me Bella, sir." He laughed.

"All right then Bella, what seems to be the issue here?" He asked. I looked to daddy for help, I knew I was supposed to be big but I don't like talking about my health with strangers. He chuckled.

"She has trouble reading, street signs, books. She also says she's been seeing lines on the t.v. and on traffic lights." He was very good at talking.

"Ok, let's run some tests." He Had me cover my eyes and read the chart, you know the usual.

"Bella, I have to put these drops in your eyes okay? You can't rub them, I'll give you a tissue to dab off the extra." My eyes widened. I looked over and put my hand out. Chris took it and held them down while he kissed my hair.

"It's alright baby, I'll be right here, your going to be fine." I believed him but I was still scared. I nodded and tilted my head back. He dropped them in and I flinched, closing my eyes. Daddy took the tissue and dabbed them. I opened my eyes and they burned a bit. Daddy smiled a proud smile at me. The doctor told me to set my chin on this contraption. I looked all over as he shined a bright light in my eyes.

"Well Bella, I figured it out. You have an astigmatism in both of your eyes, that's what's causing the lines and blurriness. Don't worry it's completely fixable. You'll just have to wear glasses for a while." He sighs. I could feel the tears welling up. I looked at Daddy.

"Can you give us a moment doc?" Daddy asked. He nodded and left.

"I'm gonna look like a nerd Chris! Everyone at work is going to make fun of me." I broke down, trying not to rub my eyes.

"No one is going to make fun of you baby. And if they do I'll fire them on the spot. There's a lot of people that were glasses at work. Even I wear glasses sometimes." I was shocked I have never seen him in glasses.

"You do? How come I've never seen them before?"

"I don't like them, I wear contacts 98% of the time." Oh.

"Are you okay now?" He asked handing me the tissue to dab my eyes. I nodded. He let the doctor back in.

"Here's your prescription, you can go out and see Jayne and look at frames before you leave." He smiled and left after saying goodbye. I ended up choosing clear circular frames. I showed Daddy and he just started at me in a certain way.

"They will be ready in 1 to 2 weeks, we'll call you." We headed back out into the truck when I remembered.

"Huh! Daaaddy, you forgots about da wowwipops." I whined.

"Do you want me to stop to the store and get you one?" I nodded profusely. He chuckled.

"Ok sweet girl, I'll get you one. You were such a good girl today." I smiled, we pulled out of the shade and the sun light felt like it was burning through my eyes. I screamed a little.

"My eyes!" He stopped and made me look at him. He scoffed.

"Those bastards." I gasped.

"Dats a no-no word Daddy." I said shocked.

"Sorry baby, they dialated your eyes and didn't give you sun glasses." He looked around the truck and groaned.

"Just keep your eyes closed till we get to the store okay?" I nodded and closed my eyes, leaning against his shoulder.

"I wuv you Daddy." He smiles.

"I love you to sweet girl." He bought me the things and we went home.