•1• The First Encounter

Her soft breaths were hitting the camera she was holding which she always considered her best friend. Her eyes were only focused on capturing the dangerous men in front of her in her camera.

She was not at all afraid of those men who were drug dealing so casually like a child's play. Her main motive was to click their pictures but it was itself a tough task.

While trying to get a better view of them in the photos , suddenly she tripped over a box situated at the corner of the alley making a feeble sound. It was a not-so-loud sound but it was loud enough to attract the attention of those alert men.

She panicked at the alarming situation and quickly hid herself behind those oil tankers by her side.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

She tightly clutched her camera which contained all the images of those men doing the illegal stuff.
That was how she was. She was a journalist who had the passion to get all the news about the illegal stuff and everytime she brought the news herself. It was her source of adventure to click the pictures of gansgsters and criminals doing anything illegal. She almost got herself in trouble for like thousands of times but it didn't stop her from following her mind.

But at the current moment, she was in deep trouble and she knew that so she just prayed to god and kept herself hidden. After few minutes of chaos of shouting of men, she felt the atmosphere drowning in complete silence.

She took a deep breath praying that they were gone.

But then, she felt like someone was approaching her as she heard the sound of footsteps. Her breathing became heavy and she became nervous with her palms sweating.

She abruptly turned to her other side only to encounter a masked man standing there with his hands tucked in his pockets and his piercing gaze on her.

The man looked in her eyes without breaking eye contact. She remained rooted at her spot. Her throat started getting dry taking in the dreadful situation she was in. She gazed at him with wide eyes and hid the camera behind her back.

The man internally chuckled at her actions. She believed as if that would stop him if he actually wanted to snatch those photos from her.

He stepped forward but she quickly took a step back glaring at him as if ready to take a run. He felt amused at her actions. She really had some guts looking at him like that.

"Don't come near me.", she said quickly putting her hands up in defence as if her tiny slender arms could actually protect her.

The camera came in view due to her actions to which she just gasped and again withdrew that hand back which was clutching the camera.

He gave her an intimidating glare and rose his hand up maybe to demand for the camera but she hastily moved back. Her abrupt actions made him a bit flustered but he looked her to again look in her eyes, but only this time they were filled with a weird fear.