•49• Another Chance

"I got the job!", she screamed in happiness and jumped in his arms but composed herself and broke the hug.

To say she was embarrassed would be an understatement. But she was beyond happy as well. The huge smile on his face also couldn't hide the happiness he was feeling for her.

They reached home and everyone was waiting for her only. She quickly ran to them telling about the news like a little child.

"And you know then...", she continued being so excited that she didn't realise she was still in her heels and the heavy bag was still on her shoulder.

"Hey easy...", Jungkook gently placed his palms on her shoulders making her sit down and detached the bag from her.

He bent down and removed her heels making her try to put her feet away but he didn't mind that and just did his work.

His hand gently picked her up to which she gasped. His sudden actions left her cheeks reddening.

"Don't overwork yourself.", he said carrying her upstairs leaving the others in awe at their cute moment.

The broken pieces were mending. Their relationship was given a chance and he was dead set to show her the love she deserved.

"Here, take the medicine.", he said taking out the bottle of tablets from the drawer. It was his daily routine to give her the meds as the doctor had advised.

She slowly gulped down the tablet with water and kept sitting on the bed. He didn't speak a word and his hand just played with her fingers. She chewed on her lips not sure what to say to him. She didn't want this awkward tension between them anymore and moreover she didn't want Jungkook to remain like that. She didn't like him distant from her.

"Shall we go out tomorrow?", she blurted out making him look at her.

"We?", confusion was written all over his face.

"We means you and me, you fool.", she said quickly getting up from her bed and running into the bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror finding the wide smile on her face she hadn't seen since such a long time.

While outside the door was a man sitting with shining eyes, he suddenly got up jumping in excitement.

She just asked me out!

If not for his built physique, his actions would have given him away for a teenager. As she came out of the bathroom, he bit his tongue and suppressed his laugh trying to look composed while his insides were on a roller coaster ride.

"Okay!", he tried so hard to not show the immense excitement he was feeling but the smile on her lips revealed that he failed so badly.

.................................

"Ice-cream!", she screamed in happiness seeing the ice-cream truck.

She was about to make a run when she was spun around and engulfed in a hug. Their noses almost touched and both of them could hear each other's heartbeats.

"Be careful, our champ might get scared by your screams.", he said slowly locking his hand with hers.

His words made her eyes sparkle as she looked in his eyes. She blushed suddenly and slowly walked towards the ice-cream truck with him.

"One chocolate ice-cream please.", he said quickly not giving her time but she just looked at him in a shy smile.

He remembered how much she liked chocolate ice-cream.

"You won't eat?", she asked innocently looking at him which almost made his heart skip a beat.

"One vanilla for him.", she said quickly.

"Here.", the vendor gave them their ice-creams, "By the way, you both make a beautiful couple.", he said smiling at them.

"Uh? Oh! Thank you.", he said shyly as she looked at him with her doe eyes.

The day went by with both of them coming closer. And gradually, there came the night time.

They were walking on the pavement when she suddenly staggered a few steps. His arms instinctively wrapped around her preventing her from falling.

"Are you alright? Are you feeling tired? Or maybe sickness?...", he said quickly becoming worried.

"Oh! No, no.", she said laughing a bit, "I'm fine. Totally fine", she completed showing a warm smile.

Just then, Jungkook's eyes widened as he saw a ball coming in her direction. He turned her around protectively wrapping his arms around her making the ball hit his head instead.

"Ah!", he groaned a bit as the ball hit the back of his head directly.

"You're alright?", his words were still the same even when the ball had hit him not her.

"I am fine Jungkook but you...", she couldn't continue further as they heard a voice from behind.

"Are you fine?", a woman said in a distressed tone and with him was a little child around six years old.

Tears were running down her cheeks as he looked up said,
"I'm sorry."

"Yes, say sorry. See, your ball hit him so hardly huh.", the woman said grabbing his shoulder and by the way she said it was evident that she was his mother.

"Sorry ajhussi.", he said between his sobs.

Jungkook kneeled down in front of him and his hands quickly wiped away his tears.

"Hey champ! It's okay. You're strong right?", Jungkook said gently to which the child nodded.

"So, strong kids don't cry okay.", he said wiping away the rest of the tears and talked to the child gently for few more minutes and didn't get up until the little child giggled.

"Yeah! Just like that.", he said smiling widely.

"But yes, don't play around like this. Someone might get hurt huh. Right champ?", he said placing his hands on his tiny shoulders.

"Yes.", he said and bowed to him and then they left.

"Let's go then.", he said gently grabbing her by her waist.

He didn't realise how all the time she just adored his actions as he consoled that child. Her heart was filled with warmth seeing him like that. Just the thought of them with their child together like that made her heart flutter.

They reached home and had the dinner together with the others. They listened intently to each of her phrases as she continued to talk about the things she did today.

She changed into pajamas and then Jungkook entered with a glass of water and she just frowned realising she again had to take the meds.

As she gulped down the medicine, she saw him getting up from the chair ready to leave but her hand stopped him.

"Stay.", that word was enough to make his eyes go blur. His ears were begging for her to say that word since such a long time.

Everyday he got up to leave with the hope that she would stop him and maybe give him a chance and today it was happening.

He laid down on the bed next to her and sleep was nowhere to be found in his eyes. He kept looking at her relaxed face as she took light breaths in her sleep. She was really tired after a long day.

His eyes suddenly widened in surprise as he felt her hand on his waist and suddenly she hugged him in her sleep. He couldn't ignore the fireworks in his body as she laid her head on his chest sleeping soundly.

This night felt too beautiful since it was a full moon night. But for him, their closeness added to its beauty and he was sure he would never forget this night.

The night he got another chance to win her back, to love her so dearly that she forgets her nightmares.

______________

Thanks for reading!

Please vote and comment.
Love you guys!