•13• Fragile Strength

She sat on the bed with her tired and damp eyes fixed on the closed door. Her body cradled as her knees were hugged to her chest.

The horrific memories had done their job and she was there in a messy state, her condition not getting any better with the passage of time.

Seconds passed to minutes ,minutes to hours but still there was no one who came in that room. It was only her,well it has been always her.

Her poor self left alone to encounter whatever storm comes to hit.

After the morning turned to afternoon, the doorknob encountered a bit of movement as someone opened the door and her eyes darted in the direction.

He, the man she came to know goes by Jackson, entered the room and approached her.

His eyes were blank not even changing after seeing her state. He stood by the bed with his face in front of her face.

She glared at him and urgently got up. He kept on gazing at her for a minute or two and finally some words escaped his mouth.

"Now, people are gonna come.Very important people. And you're gonna give them whatever they want. And if you try to do anything stupid ,you'll definitely be facing hell. You,bitch."

His words felt like pure venom but they weren't enough to break her. She had been through hell and she wasn't going to sit back and take that ride again.

According to her, death would have been better but the thing was if she would die, what could she call herself?

A coward.
A weakling.
A hopeless person.

She would become exactly what everyone had called her all her life. And she was definitely not up for that. She was a born fighter as the proof was that after everything that had happened, she still stood strong.

He left then leaving her feel empty. Behind him, the door creaked open revealing a man.

He was a middle aged man, with a cigar in his mouth and his hands rubbing each other with such anticipation which sent a wave of terror inside her.

He took the cigar out of his mouth and a puff of smoke got released from his mouth. Putting it out on the table ,he started taking predatory steps towards her.

She jumped away from the bed to which he let out a loud chuckle.

"You can't run kitten. You'll be ending up here only at the last.", his words felt like ringing a bell in her mind as she didn't realise how she got that much power in her legs suddenly that she made a run.

She ran towards the bathroom door and held its knob but a hand grabbed her wrist of the other hand. She started reminiscing the horror that happened with her when she couldn't escape from that monster's grip. She pushed him away with full force which seemed to have doubled due to the anger she felt against everything.

That monster, this man who was also not less than that monster and also her past self which couldn't save herself, everything seemed to erupt a wave of anger inside her and she quickly ran to the door and closed it banging it loudly.

The man's head hit the corner of the bed making sudden pain emerge in his head.

"You,bitch!", his voice almost felt like a growl of an animal as she flinched inside the bathroom.

She sat down with her back against the wall of the bathroom as fear started filling her veins. A sudden banging on the door made her flinch even harder. The man was banging the door with his full force and she knew it could break at any moment.

She started looking for some escape but she just found disappointment as there was no way she could reach the only ventilation window which was way too far from her reach.

"Open this damn door ,bitch!", his banging increased along with the anger in his cursings.

When she felt like the door could break at any moment , she scooted away from the door and then she felt a poke on her stomach. She slid her dress up and realised that it was the knife she had hidden with herself. A breath of relief escaped her lips as she gripped that sharp thing tightly in her hands.

It took two or three more kicks and the door was down but as the man entered the bathroom an abrupt force tackled him down and the flesh of his arm got slashed in a swift motion making blood gush out of the wound. He screamed in pain and cursed trying to push her down when her hands clutched the knife tightly piercing it through his arm again ripping his muscles as blood covered his arm. She couldn't realise from where she got the courage to do that

And then her shivering hands loosened the grip around the knife and it fell on the tiled floor. As she saw all the blood on the floor, she quickly exited the bathroom and ran out opening the door of the room.

She couldn't understand where to go so she quickly entered any room at the last of the corridor before anyone could see her. To her luck, that room was empty at that time and that made her feel a little at ease.

She locked the door behind her and slid down the door with her back pressed against the door with her heart thumping wildly in her chest. She was tired of all this, she was tired of her miserable life which felt like a bit promising for some years but now the misery was back.

She never wanted all that ,she just wanted a little comfort and love all her life which she never got. She missed her parents at every point of her life. Maybe if they weren't gone,s he wouldn't have to face that hell. She wouldn't be facing all of this but this only made her cry even harder.

Gradually, she felt her eyelids getting heavy as she felt herself getting engulfed in deep slumber.

"Are you guys sure that she wasn't there at any of these bases?",Namjoon inspected pointing at the list of hubs they have taken out where they believed Y/n could be found.

"Yeah Namjoon, we all went to our assigned locations with our teams but she wasn't there.", Hoseok replied in a confirming tone.

"If she was not at all these places, where could she be?",Taehyung blurted out feeling confused.

"We've been looking for her since days and she is nowhere to be found. Like she just disappeared in thin air. Ugh! This whole thing feels so damn frustrating.", Jimin nagged this time.

"Jimin, we all know it's frustrating but it's our duty now to get her back safely. We need to find her as soon as possible cause if Jungkook gets his memory back, we can't imagine what he might do.", Jin said trying to make him understand the situation.

They were talking about how they can try and find out about her whereabouts when suddenly the door creaked open and a sleepy Jungkook stood at the door.

"What is going on here?", he said rubbing his eyes confusingly seeing all of his mates in Namjoon's room at midnight.

"Uh.."
"Hmm...Actually Kook, we were just talking about how to make sure that nothing goes wrong for this mission like it happened in our last one.", Suga quickly said covering up for everyone to not let Jungkook get suspicious of them.

"Listen, that was the first and will be the last time something like that happened. So just don't worry about that.", Jungkook said in his deep assuring voice.

"And yeah one more thing, you all know right that we have a flight to Australia tomorrow morning. Our next mission starts tomorrow and if you guys are planning to stay awake the whole night, I don't think you guys will be able to stay awake during our flight discussion sessions so everyone just go to sleep right now.", he said with authority making all of them scurry back to their rooms.

He also went to his bed thinking a bit about the constant 'she' his hyungs were mentioning during their conversation. It was true that he heard a bit of their conversation but it felt irrelevant to him so he just let it slide and went to sleep.

__________________

Thanks for reading guys.
Please vote and comment!
Love you guys!