Chapter 45

Lyle's POV

We stayed in the cabin for a couple more days before deciding to go home.

Adrian was a little nervous because my whole body looked like I was bitten by a sex craved monster. His mate marks still haven't healed and were easily spotted in my pale skin.

"Is my fiancé nervous?" I asked and teased him a little as we neared the pack lands.

He smiled at the name I called him and his nerves eased up a little. He Intertwined his hands with mine and kissed it before settling it down between us.

"I think I overdid it too much." He answered and gave me a wink. I laughed before I looked out the window, observing as the trees pass by.

As soon as the house came into view, I saw my parents waiting outside. A huge smile made its way to their faces as they saw the car, and as soon as we parked, I immediately ran to them and tackled them in a hug.

"I'm back." I told them and hugged them tighter. Their eyes softened after I said that and hugged me with the same amount of force.

"Welcome home, son." Dad said and kissed the top of my head, while mom pulled away to look at me.

"Oh, God." Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw the marks on my skin and Dad got curious as to what made Mom react like that so he also stepped back to look at me.

He said nothing, but concern and worry was evident on his face as he inspected my neck and arms.

"Don't you think you overdid it with the claiming, boy?" Dad asked and looked behind me. I turned around and saw Adrian coming towards us with his hands on his back.

"I'm sorry sir, but your son was too irresistible." He stood beside me and scratched the back of his neck as he answered my Dad.

"What is he, chocolate?" Dad asked sarcastically and folded his arms across his chest to scold Adrian. Adrian gave me a side smile before replying,

"The best one I've ever had in my life sir." Mom chuckled in amusement at what he said and Dad sighed in helplessness.

"Children these days." Dad muttered before telling me to go inside while he and Adrian unload the car.

"So, how are you feeling honey?" Mom asked as we went up the stairs and to the door.

"I'm feeling great now. My heat lasted for a week, that's why I look like this." I splayed my arms out and showed her my mate marks and she just smiled happily.

"I see that's not the only thing you've been branded with." She looked at my ring finger and it immediately made me smile.

"Everything was so perfect." I said and rested my head against Mom's shoulder before we decide to go inside.

"Oh! Did you spill this to them?" I held up three fingers and she knew what I was talking about because she laughed.

"I think it would be best for you to tell them yourself." She replied and I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Are they inside?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Okay, I'm going to surprise them." I giggled before counting off to three and opening the door.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"I'm engaged!!!" I shouted and I suddenly heard squeals from the kitchen. I was confused for a moment because there was no way in hell my brothers would sound like that.