Chapter 31

Lyle's POV

All of us were getting ready for the battle that will happen later at dawn. The allied forces of our pack arrived during midnight and all of them were welcomed and accommodated in the pack house.

Everything and everyone was being prepared. From the warriors in training, the safehouse, and the borders of our land.

We were currently gathered in the office of Alpha Blake to discuss our plan of action. He and Dad conversed in a way that made my nose bleed, like their minds were one with each other. I guess this is why enemies fear them.

After they were done, I couldn't believe what they came up with. It was like the work of genius tactician.

"Dad, who are you?" I asked in disbelief, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. He laughed at my question and shook his head.

I scanned the cards that we were about to play and I asked,

"So, will I be placed in the rear guard together with you guys?" I asked them and I saw them flinch at what I said.

"Yeeaahhh... I think you should ask Adrian. He got it all figured out." Malcolm drawled and I furrowed my brows at him.

"I'll tell you later." Adrian told me in a tone that left no room for argument.

"Ookkaaayy..." I trailed off and he lifted me to sit on his lap.

"I told you I'll do everything to protect you didn't I?" He said and placed his head on my shoulder. I nodded and stroked the back of his head with my hands.

"We should eat." He suddenly said and all of them exited the room in an instant.

"I guess this is it."

I heard Chelsea said using my werewolf hearing. I got confused, but I followed everyone out of the room.

When we arrived at the kitchen of their house, lunch was already prepared and mom was helping Luna Rose with the plates.

"Take your seats and eat, before the food gets cold." Luna Rose said and all of us took our seats at the table.

The atmosphere in the dining room made me feel uneasy. Everyone was pretty quiet as they ate, as if...they were waiting for something.

"Lyle, can you get the tea on the counter please." Mom told me and I nodded my head before I stood up to get the tea.

I scanned the counter but I didn't see the tea anywhere. I was about to go back when suddenly, Adrian blocked my way.

"Hey, is something wrong?" I asked with concern and rubbed his arms. He looked down at me and stroked my bottom lip with his thumb.

"I'm sorry." I was about to ask him 'what for' but I felt a stinging sensation in the side of my neck.

I quickly placed a hand on the area and jumped away. I looked at him with confusion and saw the syringe he was holding in his hand, before my vision began to blur.

"What-" I asked as I swayed and felt my head split into two. I gripped the counter for support and looked over to all of them. Guilt flashed through their eyes as they looked at me.

"I love you...." I looked at Adrian and he smiled sadly at me before I passed out.

~~~

I clutched my head in pain as I woke up in a cold and secluded place. I opened my eyes and my vision was still blurry as I scanned the room.

I was in some type of cave with a dim light that illuminated the inside. There was a shelf next to my bed and the door to the outside was made of pure xyndrite that rendered my ability powerless.