Chapter 37

Lyle's POV

After Adrian and I had our love quarrel, I drifted off to sleep due to how tired I was from crying, and from the severe headache.

When I woke up, I was already in my room and I saw Mom, Dad, and Alpha Blake talking outside my door, while Adrian was staying by my side the entire time.

"Had a good sleep?" He asked softly and I turned my head to face him.

"Yeah, how long was I out?" I replied and wondered what time it was, because the sun was beginning to rise.

"You slept for a whole day. The doctor said you were fine, but you needed a lot of rest. I carried you all the way here since he said that you could go home." He told me and tucked away some hair that fell on my eyes. I hummed in response and Mom immediately halted their conversation when she saw that I was awake.

"Hey, honey. Do you want some breakfast?" She asked me and Adrian helped me as I tried to sit up.

"Yeah. Breakfast would be really nice." I nodded my head countless of times and they chuckled at my response.

Mom made my favorite dishes and gave me some lemon water. She placed them on a tray and set up a table on my bed so that I could eat.

Halfway to finishing my food, she spoke up from the couch they were sitting on.

"We have something to tell you." I halted the spoon Midway to my mouth and looked at her questioningly.

"Is it good news or bad news?" I straight up asked and placed the spoon back to the plate.

"It depends on how you're going to take it." She replied and gave me a small smile.

I inhaled deeply and adrian held my hand and squeezed it tightly. I looked at him and he nodded his head to give me support.

"Okay, spill it." I finally said and prepared myself to listen to what she was about to say.

"Okay, first off, don't freak out because you have a tendency to-"

"Oh for God's sake! Just say it!" I demanded because the suspense was killing me.

"Your heat is in 3 days." She deadpanned and I choked on my own saliva.

"My what?!" I screeched and they shifted in their seats as they looked at me.

"And I told you not to freak out." She sighed and rubbed her temples.

I gawked at her and instantly snapped my head towards Adrian. I was shocked to see that he showed no signs of surprise after hearing what mom said.

"You knew?" I questioned him and he sat at my bed before answering my question.

"I did. We really wanted to talk to you about this as soon as you woke up, because you'll be experiencing changes in your body." He informed me, and all of it was getting hard for me to process.

"Wait. Wait. First, how is this even possible?" I quickly asked and looked at them for answers.

"Even we, don't know the reason behind it. We also just found out about this when the torn pages of the archive was retrieved. But like what I told Adrian, your kind are mystical beings that the Moon Goddess herself made and have taken cared of." She explained and stood up to walk towards me.

She sat down at the other side of my bed and took my hand in hers.

"Your fertility rate will be at its highest during this period. Which means you can get pregnant." She slowly told me so that all the information could sink in.