Chapter 29

Lyle's POV

Before I got released from the pack hospital, the doctor told me to rest and stop any heavy activities for a while.

When we got home, Adrian and my family treated me like I'm a 3 year old kid. They would only let me outside the house when it was time for me to walk and stretch my muscles out. Anything other than that, they wouldn't allow.

"Um, Adrian?"

"Hm?"

"You do know that I can still use my hands, right?

"Yeah."

"Then why the hell are you spoon feeding me like a baby?!" I complained and groaned in frustration as I sat on his lap while he was feeding me.

"You're gonna tire yourself out." He insisted and placed the spoon back in between my mouth.

"I don't want to eat it. It makes me puke." I turned my head to the side to avoid it but he followed it.

"Lyle, you need to eat your vegetables. It's for your own good." He gently pushed the spoon in my mouth but I shook my head.

"You left me no choice." He tickled me with his free hand and I laughed loudly.

"Adrian sto-AHMB" He quickly shoved the spoon inside and the bitterness of the vegetables made me contort my face.

He laughed as I tried to swallow it down and avoid puking.

"I hate you." I glared at him but he only smiled warmly at me.

"What an angry bunbun." He teased and rubbed our noses together. We laughed and enjoyed this moment even after everything that was happening.

"We're leaving!" Jake and Xavier shouted from the front door before they left.

"Be care..ful.." I tried to say to them but they already left before I could do so.

After I got released, Dad trained the moonguard to their limits. They haven't announced why they did it but the pack members were starting to get an idea why. Another war.

Alpha Blake requested aid and reinforcements from all of his alliance beforehand and they agreed to it within a second. He told the Alphas that Morvhack was planning for another war, and it would be the last.

Those who patrolled our borders increased and they took turns guarding it.

It's been a month but the blood wolves were still quiet and didn't make a move. The uncertainty of when they will make their appearance, made us anxious.

All of them turned even more protective towards me and I couldn't blame them. Adrian had trouble sleeping and would always look out the window for any signs of movement.

My older brothers and my parents would always accompany me outside when I was walking and when Adrian was training. I felt suffocated since I wasn't the type to be held up in a hole.

I held a meeting inside the house and my whole family, including Adrian were gathered in the living room.

"I need to go back to training. I'm fine now." Their eyes widened at my words and quickly replied with a,

"NO!" They growled altogether but I stared at each of them with determination in my eyes.

"If you want to protect me, help me learn to protect myself. Keeping me safe from everything doesn't make me feel better. It only makes me feel worse." I reasoned and they were surprised by what I felt.

"Hiding behind someone else's back is not my thing. I won't just sit back and watch as our pack members work their asses off. They're doing this for me without even knowing it and I need to do this for them." I explained and their eyes began to soften at what I said.