Chapter 36

Adrian's POV

"Fuck you." He cursed at me and everyone's eyes widened and their jaw dropped at what just happened.

I was left speechless as I tried to process what I did to make him angry. I wiped my face with my hands and looked back at him.

"What?" I asked in confusion and he scoffed at what I said.

"What? Really? Haha, You don't know why the fuck I'm acting like this?" He mockingly laughed at me and tried to sit up.

I was about to help him when he slapped my hand and glared at me.

"Don't you dare touch me." He growled lowly and I backed the hell up.

"I think we should leave. Yeah, we really should." Carla said and all of them slowly made their way out.

"Oh God." I heard Chelsea whisper under her breath and looked at me and Lyle.

"Good luck." Malcolm smirked at me and I think I was the only one who didn't know what was happening.

As soon as all of them left the room, I turned my head to Lyle, only to find him gone. I panicked for a moment but I found him limping towards the counter with a weak body.

I ran towards him and assisted him but he pushed me away, stumbling in the process.

"Lyle." I said in a soft and soothing tone to not make him even angrier. He ignored me and made his way to the counter to drink some water.

"What did I do?" I asked him and he just stared at me as he put down the glass.

"Don't know, you tell me." He shrugged and I sighed as I ran my hand through my face.

"Do you also have that time of the mont-"

My words were cut off when he threw me the glass, missing my face only by a couple of inches.

*****

Chelsea's POV

*Glass shattering*

For the love of God.

"He's going to live right?" I whispered out as all of us heard the glass breaking.

"I told him that Lyle was not gonna like his plan." Malcolm whispered back and shifted in his seat to listen in on the conversation.

*****

Adrian's POV

I froze in place as he glared at me after throwing me the glass. My eyes widened at him and he flared his nostrils in response.

"Do not. And I mean DO NOT answer me with your bullshit right now Adrian." He warned me and I raised my hands in surrender and muttered an apology.

"Just tell me what I did wrong, so I can make it right." I assured him and he clenched his fists at what I said.

"Make it right? What's done is done, Adrian. I was already locked up in a cage. No one respected my decision. You all hid me like I couldn't fucking protect myself. And you know what hurts the most? You leaving me all alone in that cave, and risking your life in that battlefield!" He counted all the things he said using his fingers and screamed the last sentence.

"I did it for-"

"Me?" He cut me off and he swallowed the lump on his throat as he tried to look me directly in the eyes.

"I never asked you to do that! I never asked you to lock me up in a fucking cave, where I couldn't do a fucking thing! Where I couldn't help anyone!" He shouted at me and his eyes began to water after he said that.