Chapter 28

Lyle's POV

It felt like eternity as I was surrounded in darkness. The last thing I remembered was telling Adrian I love him then falling into a deep sleep.

The only thing that accompanied me in this dark place was the tingles and shocks that was sent all throughout my body. The most amazing and mouth watering scent that calmed me down, and the most comforting presence that I felt in my entire life.

Adrian.

He was holding my hand. I never wanted him to let go. Because everytime he does, I feel so alone. So...cold. He was warm. And I wanted to feel that warmth for the rest of my life.

"..I love you. I..." He kept whispering those sweet words into my ear and I felt so loved, so happy.

My heart broke everytime I heard him crying because he was such a tough man. And he only shows his weakness to me. I saw a person who was willing to risk everything for the person they love. But I also saw strength, strength that powered him to fight for that someone.

And that someone was me.

I love you too Adrian. I love you.

I could feel everyone in the room, their emotions and the atmosphere around me. I could hear what they were saying, but I couldn't speak.

I tried for countless of times but it never worked. Nothing worked.

I heard my mom crying in the background and I felt her pain and sadness. She always hugs me and kisses the top of my head. I wanted to go back to the time when I fell asleep in her arms. I wanted to hug her so bad.

I felt the overwhelming sadness in Dad's heart and I knew that he was trying to be strong for all of us. I wanted to let him cry on my shoulder and release all of it for even just a single second.

I heard my brothers talking to me, telling me to wake up. They said that if I do, they'll let me buy anything that I want and they'll be the ones to carry all the bag. They talked about our favorite TV shows, ice cream, and everything. They told me that they miss me. I miss them too.

I heard Chelsea and Malcolm talking to me, saying that if I didn't wake up, they would kill me. They managed to make me laugh even when they were so sad, and I was so lucky to have them.

I felt the peace everytime Luna Rose walks into the room and I knew that she was always bringing me my favorite flowers. She was my second Mom and I loved how she was so carefree and giddy. But right now, she was so sad. I wanted her to always be happy.

I felt the control, but also the sadness in Alpha Blake's heart. He may not be a very expressive person, but you can see what he truly feels through his actions. We got closer during training, and he was like a second Dad to me. He would always worry about me.

I felt the support that Bryan was giving to me and Adrian, and I was happy that he was there for my mate. I wanted to thank him for always being there for Adrian when he didn't have anyone else.

I felt everyone, and I wish I could just wake up and make everything better. But I couldn't yet. I never lost hope, because if I did, I won't be able to go back. I needed to fight. And that's what I'm doing.

I felt my wolf channeling his power and strengthening my body. He said that it was almost time to wake up. I thanked him and nuzzled my face into his fur and climbed on top of him as we went into the light.

I'm going back to you Adrian. Wait for me.

I could feel parts of my body coming back to me. My feet, my hands, my head, then my eyes.