Chapter 20

Lyle's POV

I lost count of how many days I've been cooped up in my room. I just wanted some time alone. My whole family was worried about me and they've been walking on eggshells everytime they go inside my room. My wolf was fighting me and begging for his mate. He almost won when I was asleep, but I woke up when I was halfway to the door.

I didn't tell my family yet, that Adrian's my mate. I wanted to tell them when I was ready, and right now, I am.

I got out of my room, and the light blinded me for a second. I missed the light and the ambiance of the house. I went down the stairs, carefull to not make a sound. I heard them talking as I arrived.

"I think we should go-"

"Mom." I called out to her and all of their heads snapped towards me. They immediately felt relieved and happy that I finally got out of my room.

"God, we missed you so much." Dustin said and they all approached me and engulfed me in a loving hug.

"I'm ready to tell you." I told them and they looked at me with concern and uncertainty. I smiled at them and nodded my head to let them know I'm okay with it.

"Are you sure?" Dad asked me and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm sure." I said with conviction and he ushered me to sit at the couch. I hugged myself with my arms and inhaled sharply.

"My mate is-"

*Doorbell*

"I'll get that." Mom rubbed my arms before she went to open the door. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Who- Oh! Adrian, What brings you here?" Mom asked him as he stood in front of the door. Shit!

"I'm here to see my mate." He said clearly for all of us to hear. The room grew silent but the temperature quickly rose, followed by bones snapping.

I turned my head towards the sound, and saw Jake and Xavier shifted into their dark brown wolves. Dustin composed himself and was trying his hardest not to be overwhelmed with his emotions, like Dad had taught him.

Dad stood with clenched fists but his expression gave nothing away. Mom was speechless and she covered her mouth with her hands.

A threatening growl escaped from Both Jake and Xavier and we all knew this was not gonna turn out good. Dad was about to tell them to shift back when they suddenly lunged at Adrian.

The scene slowed as I watched them lunge at him, but he didn't show any sign that he was surprised. He knew. He expected this outcome. But why?

He was tackled to the ground and they mauled his shoulders and arms. He yelled in pain but he didn't fight back. Mom screamed, and just as quickly, Dad shifted into his Gray wolf and tackled both Jake and Xavier off of Adrian.

He growled at them, and that was more than enough to make their wolf submit, despite their anger. Mom quickly dashed to Adrian and attended his wounds.

"Get something to stop the bleeding! Hurry!" Mom instructed Dustin and I in panic, and I grabbed the first aid kit while he grabbed the bandages.

We gave them to her and she quickly wrapped the bandages into the wounds to stop the bleeding. Adrian's eyes didn't leave me, while his wounds were getting treated by mom.

I spared him a glance and that was more than enough to see the sadness and love mix in his eyes. My wolf howled in my mind for being this close to his mate, and I felt the connection towards him. I knew he also felt what I felt, because he touched my fingers with his. No.