Chapter 24

Lyle's POV

When we got outside and went to my favorite spot near the river, pack members congratulated us and I couldn't stop blushing from the embarrassment while he was carrying me.

I told him that he should carry me on his back but he said he preferred it this way. I sighed in defeat and let him do what he wanted. We got to the tree and he laid my head on his lap.

"About the claiming you were asking me about." He said while combing my hair. I looked up at him and saw him gazing into the river.

"When you claim someone, that person is yours forever. It's going to make your mate bond stronger and keep unmated wolves away from the claimed wolf." He explained gently and stroked my bottom lip.

"I'm going to want to be by your side at all times and become more possessive of you since our mate bond is not complete yet." He continued and looked down at me.

"Think of me as a dog and you as my owner. I need to keep you all to myself and I won't like it when other wolves get near you. You'll feel the same way, but right now, it's not as strong as mine." He declared and smiled at me.

"An incomplete mate bond doesn't compare to a complete one. Right now, you may get an idea of what I feel and what I think, but when our bond is complete, our souls will be connected and there's nothing we can keep from each other. We're going to be bounded for life, that's why I want to give you the choice to choose." He finished and caressed my cheeks with his thumb while staring down at me lovingly.

"I can't decide right now Adrian. I know that you're saying the truth when you say you love me, but something inside of me keeps telling me to be cautious. I won't say I love you if I don't mean it, that's just wrong. What I do know, is right now, I'm willing to give you a chance. You've been obsessed with me for 10 years that's why it's easy for you to say I love you. But I've hated you for 10 years Adrian, don't expect me to easily say those words back to you." I pointed out and he looked sad at what I said. He leaned on the tree and sighed heavily.

"I know. And like I told you, I'll wait for as long as it takes. I'll do everything to make you say those three words back to me. And even if you don't.... I'll still love you. Even when you love someone I'll still do. I love you Lyle and I fucking want you to be happy. I know I did terrible things to you, but please choose me. Don't leave me." He whispered out the last words but it was enough for me to hear it. He always shows his vulnerable side to me and my chest contracts everytime I see him in pain. I could feel his emotions and he's scared and sad at the same time.

"I might not love you now, but I like you. I can learn to love you along the way." I smiled up at him and he brightened up at what I said. I feel like I'm taking care of a dog. I giggled and he furrowed his brows at me.

"What?" He asked me and pulled me up to sit on his lap.

"Nothing." I said and kissed his lips softly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, as if I'm going to leave him at any moment.

"I won't leave you. I said I'm going to give you a chance didn't I?" I spoke on his lips and he nodded his head. My eyes began to water when I asked myself,

How can you love someone so much, that you get so scared and afraid that they'll leave you? How can you still love them when they don't love you? How are you able to stand it when they love someone that wasn't you?

"le...yle...Lyle." Adrian pulled me out of my thoughts and looked at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I was just thinking of something." I told him and laid my head on his shoulder as I looked at the sun setting.

"Let's go." He carried me up and we went to their house.