Chapter 27

Adrian's POV

"I love you." He whispered to me before falling limp in my arms. My heart skipped a beat hearing what he said but it almost stopped when I heard his breathing became shallow, and almost non-existent.

"Hey baby, don't joke like that, open your pretty eyes. Hm?" My eyes watered seeing him bloody and full of bites in my arms.

"Lyle, please, just please open your fucking eyes! Please!" I sobbed in his chest as I held him tight. I caressed his cheek with my thumb and kissed his soft lips that I loved.

"Adrian!" Dad called out to me together with Lyle's father, his older brothers, and the pack doctor.

Blood drained from all their faces seeing Lyle bloody in my arms. His family was frozen in place but his Dad, being the beta tried his hardest not to panic.

"Help him!!" I shouted at them and the pack healer immediately ran over and checked Lyle's condition.

"He still has a pulse but it's weak, we need to treat him now. Put pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding and carry him to the pack hospital. Hurry!" He quickly instructed me and I didn't waste any time carrying him in my arms.

His Dad ran over to us and he took off his shirt, then wrapped it around Lyle's neck. He inhaled a sharp breath as he stared down at his son.

"Go." He told me and I never ran this fast in my entire life. My heart pumped rapidly in my chest as I held him. They also followed behind me but his older brothers flanked me from all sides, wanting to be close to their youngest.

I could see the pack hospital from afar and hope filled my soul, seeing pack healers waiting for us outside. Dad shifted into his wolf and howled at them, telling them to get ready.

When we reached them, I quickly placed Lyle into the bed that was for him and put on some clothes in a matter of seconds. All of them worked fast and checked on Lyle's condition every minute as they led him into the ER.

"I'm sorry but this is as far as you can go." The pack doctor placed a hand on my chest, and prevented me from entering the room.

"Please take care of him." I pleaded and he tried his best to give me a smile. He followed inside and I prayed to the Goddess that Lyle will be fine.

All of us were quietly sitting outside of the operating room, still surprised by what happened. Lyle's Mom found out what happened from their Dad and immediately ran over.

"What happened to him?!" She cried heavily seeing all of our grim expressions. Her mate stood up and engulfed her in a hug as she sobbed painfully in his chest.

"Rogues." Dustin growled and clenched his fist so tight that It drew blood.

"They were not normal rogues." I added and all of them snapped their heads towards me.

"What do you mean?" Dad asked me and pushed himself off the wall that he was leaning on.

"They weren't feral. They had proper control of their minds, and they knew how to fight." I said and all their eyes widened at my words.

"Impossible." Derek, Lyle's father, commented and looked at Dad for clarification.

"We take turns patrolling the border and there weren't rogue sightings for weeks. Why now?" Jake asked and clasped his hands together as he placed his elbows on his knees.

"Why did Lyle go there?" Dad asked me and I furrowed my brows at what Lyle said hours ago.

"He said he was going for a run, that's it." I relayed to them what he said and they thought for a moment before replying.