Chapter 11

Lyle's POV

Two and a half weeks has passed after the party and I still can't remember what happened. When I went to school after that day, I needed to wear a turtleneck. People immediately recognized me and greeted me, Some even cheered and whistled but all of it were harmless. I became friends with some guys at school and they were actually pretty nice.

Me, Malcolm and Chelsea, still go to school together every day, meet up and eat at lunch, then hang out after classes end. They knew I was grounded, because every day since the party, my brothers take turns in driving me to school and taking me back home. I asked Mom and Dad if they were the ones responsible but they told me it was all my brothers' idea.

Every day, the drive to school and back to the house was quiet. It was very uncomfortable because Dustin, Jake, Xavier, or whoever was assigned for the day, wouldn't talk to me the whole ride. Whenever I would strike up a conversation, I wouldn't receive an answer. It was also like that when we're in the house. Mom and Dad noticed it, but they didn't say anything.

I thought they would only ignore me for some time, but I guess I really did do a number on them this time. It's been going on for almost a month now and I couldn't take it anymore.

I missed talking to them and having fun with them. I'm always used to them pissing me off or hanging around me.

My birthday was also coming closer. It was 2 weeks from now and I needed to settle everything before it happens.

I am currently in my room, using my phone and searching for rituals to increase chances of forgiveness

A lot of shit popped up and I gave up in asking the net for advice. It needed to come from me if I want to be forgiven. I exhaled deeply and went to their rooms but they weren't there.

I went downstairs to search for them and I found a note on our fridge.

Lyle, your Dad and I are out grocery shopping. Just text me if you need us to buy anything. Love you.

-Mom

My parents were out, but it didn't say anything about my brothers also going out. I was about to ask mom, when the door opened and all 3 of them walked in.

Here goes nothing...

"Hey guys! Where did you go?" I asked them cheerfully hoping to lighten up the mood.

Nothing. It's okay! I'll try again.

"Mom and Dad are out grocery shopping, do you guys need anything?" I asked them again.

Nothing.

"OH! How about ice cream? You guys like cookies and cream right?"

Nothing.

"Oh, maybe you guys changed favorites! Maybe chocolate? I love chocolate!" I forced my voice to sound happy but I barely managed in keeping my voice from breaking.

Nothing. Nothing again. I'm getting tired and I probably look like a fool to them.

My eyes began to water and it was getting hard to breathe but I tried again.

"Please, don't be mad." I managed to whisper out before breaking down. I cried from where I am standing before falling down on my knees.

They finally looked at me with widened eyes, and panic overtook them. Probably because the last time I cried in front of them, was when I was a kid.

They quickly ran over to me and Dustin pulled me for a hug, while Jake and Xavier rubbed my back to calm me down. I only cried harder, missing their scents and warmth.