Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven

Talon POV

On the drive back to Gabriel's home, I watched Lily as she just stared at her hands, trying to process what she had done. The entire ride was silent as I kept her in my arms and lap just letting her think. I could see the different emotions flow through her. Anger. Sadness. Regret. Fear. Denial. And Acceptance. They were on a cycle, her eyes showing me the horror and pain she was feeling. It killed me knowing she had to kill someone, even if it meant to keep me alive, I never wanted her to have to do it. I was proud in a way, that she was able to handle herself and shoot in the first place. Luca and Alan kept looking through the mirror at us. When we get to the house, Luca hurries to open the door for us and I carry Lily inside. Gabriel meets us at the door and leads me into a bedroom, where Estelle stood talking to a man in a lab coat that was holding a bag. "Talon! Bring her in the room. This is Doctor Michaels, our on call doctor. He knows what happened and will check her over. He already checked and cared for Liam and Zach." Says Estelle as she smiles sadly. "Thank you." I mumble and bring Lily into the room, It was like a medical suite, sitting her on the bed. The doctor smiles and crouches down to be on her level. "Hello Lily. My name is Doctor Alexander Michaels. I want to check over your injuries. Is that ok?" He says quietly and waits patiently for her to respond. She keeps her head down and nods slowly. "Thank you. I'm going to check you over from top to bottom. If you feel uncomfortable or scared I want you to say something. I know you are a little, so I have something that might help if you feel nervous." He smiles and reaches into his bag to pull out a small stuffed pig. "This is Sir Oink. He helps all the little boys and girls when they are scared. Do you want to hold him?" He says and holds out the toy to her. She takes it slowly and hugs it as tears flow down her cheeks. I grit my teeth and watch as he starts his check on her. He makes her lay back and presses on her stomach softly. A small whimper slips from her, and I move to sit next to her and hold her hand. "You have dried blood. Did you get your period sweetheart?" He asks and she shakes her head before looking at me. I give her a small smile and kiss her hand. "No. But she is pregnant... was pregnant... I'm not sure anymore. The bastard hit her stomach a few times until she was bleeding. She was only just passed her first trimester..." I tell him, not taking my eyes off Lily who now had the toy over her face to hide her tears.

He nods and stands up. "I need to grab the ultra sound machine." He says and steps away to pull a large machine over to where we were. He turns the lights down and pulls out a bottle of jelly. "It might be a little cold. Can you lift your shirt up? Once we are done here, you can have a piece of candy and a prize from the prize box." He says and her face brightens as she nods with a small "mhmm." She lifts her shirt and blushes as he pushes her panties down slightly. He squeezes the tube of jelly onto her stomach and takes the wand to press it against the jelly to spread around. The screen looked dark as he moved it around for a little, checking for injuries as well as the baby. I hold my breath as I watch the screen. Dr. Michaels concentrates on the screen before pressing a button on the keyboard. "Well. I have good news and bad news. Which would you like first?" He asks and looks at us. I look at her to see she was turned away from the screen with her eyes squeezed shut. "Good news last please." I croak and kiss her hand again. He nods and keeps pressing a few buttons on the keyboard. "Bad news is that you lost a baby. I apologize for that. But the good news is that the other baby is alive and well." I stare at him in shock as I feel Lily squeeze my hand. "Wh-What?" I rasp as tears fill my eyes. "Lily was pregnant with twins. One baby took the hit for the smaller one, saving its life. I can't tell you gender but the second twin is still alive." He says as he turns the screen to show us it. He presses a button and the sound of its heartbeat fills the room. I cover my mouth to muffle the sob as I cry. He helps Lily clean off the jelly and sit up. "I have some vitamins I want you to take, as well as a list of foods you will need to eat to keep you and your baby healthy. Now. What flavor lollipop do you want sweetheart?" He asks as he puts a box of tissues on the bed next to her for us. "Strawberry please." She says between sniffles and he nods before handing her a small strawberry lollipop. "Take your time to process in here." He pats my shoulder and leaves the room, shutting the door quietly.

"D-Daddy... I-I is sorry..." She says quietly and I look at her in shock. "No baby... No. You did nothing wrong. You are so strong princess. We will love this baby no matter what. And we will tell them how they were saved by their sibling before they were even born." I tell her as I brush her hair back from her face to kiss her forehead. I lift her to sit on my lap as I hold her stomach, rubbing it softly. "I love you and this baby. You are so strong and beautiful. I love you so much. I know you are struggling, and that's ok. But princess I need you to not over think and to talk about everything. It helped last time so it will help this time as well. Do you want to see Zack and Liam? I know they are worried about you." I kiss her temple and she nods. I get ready to pick her up when a knock at the door stops me. "Talon. It's Estelle. I have some clothes for you both." We hear and I call her in. She comes in and places some clothes on the edge of the bed. "We will have some simple food prepared for you. I will make my family's chicken soup as well as a few other dishes. We will have it brought to your room once you are settled in." She tells us and leaves the room again. I take the clothes and help Lily change. She was in a pair of leggings and a loose long sleeve shirt, while I was in a pair of sweats and a simple shirt.

I lift Lily into my arms and carry her out of the medical suite to where Liam and Zach were. I knock on the room door and hear a "Come in." I open the door and walk in to see Liam and Zach sitting on the bed cuddling. "Hey! Did you see the doctor yet? What did he say?" Liam asks as they both sit up. I put Lily on the bed next to Zach and they both immediately curl up together. "She lost a baby, but the other is still alive." I say quietly to Liam as he sits next to me. "Twins? Jesus Tal.... I'm just glad she didn't lose both. I'm sorry it happened though. But now... Now she will be safe. No one will touch her. Everyone laid their life down to try and keep her safe and to get her back. You are both alive and safe." He says and pats my back lightly. I look back to see how both Lily and Zach had fallen asleep together in the bed. "I know. I just feel like shit that we didn't know it was twins and that she lost one because of me in the first place. It kills me that we lost a baby and I didn't even get to know it's name or gender or get to hold it.." I say, my voice cracking as tears spill over my face. He pulls me into a hug as I silently cry into his shoulder, letting me break down. He doesn't say a word and just lets me cry, lets me get all the tears out against his shoulder. After several minutes of crying, I pull away and wipe my eyes of tears, calming myself down. "Thanks man..." I mumble and he nods. "You know I'm here for you. We have been friends for a long time. You can always rely and trust me to keep you and Lily safe." He says and I nod with a sigh.

Estelle brings us up food, which we all eat once Lily and Zach wake up. We all stay close to each other, keeping company and just being there for each other. We stayed at Gabriel's for a week, letting everyone rest and heal from wounds. I could see Lily starting to feel better as she had fresh air and talking with the others. Everyone was glad that at least one baby survived, but you could tell everyone grieved for us. We held a small ceremony to honor the lost baby, giving a dual sex name for it. We named the baby Max, for a boy it would be Maximus or Maxine for a girl. Even as Lily cried with the women, I could see that she was getting stronger and accepting what had happened. Gabriel sold me a house he owned, that had better security and was safe. We planned on moving their as soon as Liam was ready to move, which in his opinion was that very minute. Dr. Michaels checked on everyone, making sure the wounds are healing and that Lily was taking her vitamins. After another few days Gabriel and his men help us into cars to take us to the new house.

A/N: The shocking twist! Do you think the baby will be a boy or girl? Which do you prefer? I will skip a few times to fast forward through the pregnancy, because... well 9 months (ok like 5-6 months) is a long time.