14

Daniel

I had escaped Ryan but now was wandering the empty mall. It was so scary for me and for Brinley. I was walking around the mall trying to find Brinley, Max, and Ryan. I was walking past Scoops Ahoy when I heard a horrible piercing scream. It sounded a lot like Brinley.

I wanted to run and see if it was her and if it was her then I wanted to run over there and tell her everything was gonna be ok. Although I didn't know what had happened. I really hoped that she did not get shot which would be the end of the world. I knew better though.

I quietly walked over to the little window through the door so I could see in. I heard some scraping noises and looked at the other side of the room and saw Ryan dragging a body. Then I looked closer and it was... Brinley!!! I wanted so bad to run over there so I could beat Ryan up and run to Brinley, call the police, and take her home.

I knew better than that though. Ah, who am I kidding! I got up from the ground and ran over to where I saw Ryan and Brinley, but they weren't there. As I was looking for them I heard somebody crying in the kitchen in Scoops Ahoy. I walked over there to see...MAX!!! I walked up to her. I wanted to kill her like they killed Brinley.

"Stay on the ground!" I said acting tough.

"Daniel! You're ok!" she said as she started getting up.

"I said STAY ON THE GROUND!" I yelled that last part.

"Ok, I will," Max said through her sobbing.

"Now, I'm going to do what you did to Brinley. Give me that gun!"

She looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"Don't kill me! I did not shoot her, Ryan did!"

I wasn't just about to kill her.

"I won't kill you."

She sighed. "Thanks."

"Why are you crying, though," I asked.

"Because Ryan shot Brinley. I should've told Ryan that I didn't want to kill her anymore. Now, I realize how much Brinley meant to me."

"Oh, ok. Do one thing for me?" I asked.

"What?"

I took a deep breath. "Shoot me."