1

For

Hadley, who has always been my BFF

and helped me the

whole way

Your ¨dilishounal¨ friend,

Mali

Brinley Sands

I can't believe that my parents are moving to Darwin, Australia from Hawkins Indiana. I just got asked to the snowball dance by my boyfriend, and I have to move. So far, being 16 isn't fun at ALL!

"Hey Mom, can I text Ryan?" I asked with hope in my voice.

"Honey, we are fifteen minutes away from our new house! Look out the window for crying out loud!" my Mom yelled from the front of the car.

My little brother Noah started to laugh. I gave him a glare. He looked at me like I was stupid, so I slapped him in the face. He... started to cry. What 15-year-old boy would cry when they get slapped?

"Brinley? What happened?" my Dad asked.

"NOTHING!!!!!!" I moaned.

"NOT TRUE BRINLEY!!!!! YOU SLAPPED ME!!" Noah yelled through with his babyish crying.

My Mom and Dad both looked at each other like they were going to murder someone. My Dad pulled over, the car stopped, it stopped so fast that I jerked and hit the back of the seat with my head.

"GET OUT BRINLEY AND WALK HOME!" my Dad yelled. I'm pretty sure that Utah could hear him, it was so loud.

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE HOME IS!" I yelled back tears in my eyes.

"Here! This is the address! It's only about seven minutes away," my Dad said as he thrust a little paper with our address in my hands.

"Be home before 5:00, okay?" my Mom asked.

"It's 5:00 in ten minutes!" I argued.

"Then hurry and get your BUTT home!" my Mom yelled.

As I got out of the car, I saw Noah give me a smirk. He knew that if he did his crybaby trick I would have to walk home. I hate that kid. I shouldn't even call him my brother!

As I was walking home, my phone buzzed, it was Max. I miss Max, she has been my best friend since kindergarten. I looked at my phone and it was a picture of her and... RYAN KISSING!!? They're together? Tears filled my eyes. I looked at the picture again.

"Max! You little..." I said holding myself back from swearing.

I wanted to text her back and say great for you because I know that Max has had a big crush on Ryan since kindergarten but still, he was MY boyfriend! She could have at least asked me. As I was thinking, I didn't notice that I wandered into the road. But there were no cars. I turned around to see if there were cars behind me, there weren't. Not ONE car in sight. I didn't care.

I started to walk again until I heard a honk. I turned around to see a line of cars behind me. There were so many cars. But they weren't there just barely. I walked off to the side of the road, but there weren't any cars when I looked back where the line used to be.