10

Daniel

When I woke up, I quickly checked my phone to see if Brinley texted me yet. She hasn't. It's already ten o'clock and she hasn't texted back yet! I guess I will text her.

"Hey Brin! Do you want to hangout today?"

"Hey Dan! Can I call you that? Well anyways I can hang out! Bring your trunks! We can go swimming again! And plus, there will be snacks."

"Sweet! See you in five!"

I quickly got my trunks on and got a towel. I ran down the stairs but my Mom stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Brinley's pool! There will be snacks so I don't need breakfast." I said in a hurry.

"Have fun! And Daniel... be good!"

"I will!" I said as I booked it out the door.

I ran across the street and knocked on her door. I saw Brinley run down the stairs and open the door. She was wearing a strapless bikini. She looked even better in that one than in the other bikini.

"Nice swimsuit." I said moving my head up and down looking at her beautiful body.

"Thanks! Come in."

I walked in her house. It smelled great as usual. In the corner of my eye, I saw a guy. I wasn't Brinley's Dad or Noah. It was a guy I've never seen before.

"Hey guys!" I said hoping Brinley would introduce me to them.

"That's Max, my friend and then that's Ryan, my ex," said Brinley while she glared at them thinking I didn't see.

They waved at me.

"They're here from the United States, where I moved from and they're here to visit me."

"Oh, that's so sweet of them," I said. "By the way, my name is Daniel and I live across the street from Brinley."

"Nice to meet you," said the dude named Ryan.

"Well, we have ice cream, chips, soda, some lemonade, cookies, parfaits, and some fruit," said Brinley "we haven't eaten any breakfast yet so we're very hungry."

"Yeah, I haven't either," I admitted.

When we got to her backyard, her waterfall and slide were already running.

"You guys can eat or swim. I don't care. Just don't eat in the pool. My parents will kill you and me," Brinley said jokingly.

I nodded.

We were all close to the water. I picked up Brinley and I jumped in the water. Her knee hit my chest, but I didn't care. If Bella did it, I may have slapped her butt, but Brinley, never.

"Daniel, I'm eating! I could choke!" Brinley said through her coughing.

"I'm so sorry. Here, I'll get you out."

I lifted Brinley to the side. I sat beside her. She looked at me then smiled. She moved her hands to my back and pushed me in the water.

When everybody was in the water, Brinley's Mom called her in to do a quick chore.

I swam over to Ryan and Max.

"Isn't she the best?"

Ryan and Max nodded. I was starting to swim away but something hard hit the back of my head. Everything went black.