Chapter 16 - Bouncer Duties

Start from the beginning

"How'd you do that?"

"You'll learn." Scott said. "But first you need to get through the full moon."

"They moons already out."

"And you're starting to feel something aren't you."

"I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nut jobs. You guys are out of your freaking minds. I don't know how you did that eye thing and I don't care!" Liam started screaming. "I'm walking out the door right now and if any of you try and stop me I swear to god I'm gonna..." Liam screams were cut off by his own actual screams as he cupped his ears.

"What wrong Liam?"

"You don't hear that?"

Scott and I both listened until we could hear it. Car breaks. "Did you tell anyone about this?" Lydia asked.

"My friend Mason." Liam replied as Kira went to the window. "You said it was a party."

"And who did Mason invite?" Stiles asked.

"Everyone." Kira said.

Liam claws begun scratching into the ground. "The floors, get him off the floors." Lydia said as she stepped closer to him and he roared causing her to jump back.

"We need to get him to the boat house, now!" Scott yelled as Kira ran up to help him.

"Stiles get Malia to the basement." I said to him as people begun walking to the house.

"What am I meant to do about the hordes gathering outside the door?" Lydia asked.

"Lydia, who throws the best parties in Beacon Hills?" Stiles asked.

"What? Me! Obviously!"

"Right well then, throw a party." Stiles added before taking off with Malia.

Lydia turned to me and I shrugged unhelpfully. I turned to follow Malia and Stiles, but was stop when Lydia grabbed my hand. "Oh, no. You are helping me with that!" She said, pointing at the door before pulling me to it as I groaned and complained.

"But Nix me likes parties, not me me." a smile automatically spread across my face as the door opened.

"Hey are we in the right place?" A freshmen asked.

"For the party...?" Another continued.

"Absolutely." Lydia smiled causing them all to cheer and scream followed by pushing and shoving to get through the door.

"They're 90% freshmen." I muttered.

"Is that a problem?"

"They're all really young. If you're going to keep me here than I'd at least appreciate the senior football players."

Lydia just looked at me. "You patrol the stairs, I don't want anyone going up them." She said before storming off.

"Well this is going to be a fun night." I said sarcastically.

"I could always make it better for you, baby." An already drunk voice said from beside me.

"What are you? 14? No, get out of here, go." I showed him away before taking up my post at the bottom off the stairs.

It was probably my 15th minutes just leaning against the railings before Derek rang me. "Hey, what's up?"

"Is that music? Are you at a party?"

"Yeah and I'm the bouncer. Why are you ringing? Did Peter get another Tomahawk in his chest?"

"I'm with the Sherriff and both the keyboard and the tomahawk are military issue."

"Okay, Derek hang on, I'm just going to step outside." I left my post and went out the back where the lake was. "Okay."

"We also found out that the killer is actually an assassin and he's been paid by someone called The Benefactor."

"Creepy. You're with the Sherriff now?"

"He's in the next room, but yeah, and Deputy Parrish. We found the IP address."

"We?" I asked, knowing Derek's lack of expertise with laptops.

"Fine, Parrish found the IP address and we're going after him now."

"Do you need help?"

"No, I just thought I might let you know. If he's a paid assassin there may be others and tonight's a full moon. Just be careful, and don't tell Peter, not yet."

"Why not? The guy tried to kill him."

"Exactly so Peter will try and kill him in revenge, but we need the guy to talk... or write, whatever. Just don't tell him."

The sound of smashing glass brought my attention to the Boat House by the water's edge and I could just see Liam sprint off into the trees. "Aaaah, Derek I gotta go, we've got an escape wolf."

"What? Never mind, just promise me you won't tell Peter."

"Okay, okay, I promise." I said quickly before hanging up and sprinting to where Liam had disappeared to. Where the hell was Scott and Kira?

As I was running I slammed right into Scott. "I saw him get out." I blurted.

Scott nodded. "This way." He ran off as I tailed behind him. I don't think I'd ever seen Scott run this fast.

"Wait, wait, wait, stop." I skidded to halt as did Scott. He then noticed what I did. Liam was close. Then we saw him. He came running over the hill and tackled Scott to the ground. The tumbled down a bit further until they hit a tree and Liam pinned Scott against it.

I went to help, but Scott stopped me, "No, don't!" He yelled over to me before looking back at Liam. "Liam, Liam stop."

"What did you do to me?! This is your fault! This is all your fault!" Liam was yelling. He pulled one hand back, ready to swing at Scott when an arrow hit the tree just above them, sending bright sparks and lights exploding around them. I had to cover my eyes and look away for a moment, but when I looked back I saw someone who I'd been waiting to see again ever since Isaac told me he was coming back.

First time I had ever smiled at seeing an Argent. Liam took off and Argent helped Scott up. "How did you know?"

"I got your texts. There's a clearing just north of here. He's running straight to the radars."

"What are you going to do?"

"He's your beta Scott. The question is, is what are you going to do?" Liam's screams snapped our attention to where he had run off to. "Here." Chris said, giving Scott something. Scott looked at me and indicated for me to follow him. I nodded at Chris before following my alpha.

We found Liam caught in one of argent's sonar radar trap thingies. Scott hit the button on the thing Chris gave him and the ear piercing screeching stopped as did Liam's screams. He looked up at us.

"What's happening to me?"

"The same thing that happened to both of us." Scott gestured to me.

I crouched down in front of him. "I'll be okay. We can teach you. Just like we're teaching Malia."

"They can't find out about this. My mum, step dad. I can't do this to them again." He said.

"What do you mean again?" Scott asked, crouching down next to me.

"I got kicked out of school and I deserved it. The way they looked at me. When they saw what I did to that car."

"Liam, it's okay." Scott said quietly.

"They can't see me like this. Like...like..."

"Like a monster." Scott muttered. Liam nodded.

Scott stood up beside us and looked down, determined. "You're not a monster. You're a werewolf." Liam sat up straighter and looked at him. Scott's eyes glowed red. "Like me." He whispered. I smiled up at him, standing next to him and then extending my hand out for Liam to take and stand as well.