• Chapter Thirty-One •

So the day we've been waiting for... It arrived huh?

"ITS THE DAY OF THE WINTER FORMAL!" I scream as I jolt up from my bed and almost fall on the ground. I would have landed safely either way cause of my soft carpet but... Anyways I need to get up and ready myself for the day! I woke up earlier than usual cause of the excitement I could clearly contain in myself... It's 8 am. I take a hot shower and moisture my skin, brush my teeth and clean my ears which have been clogged with the water.

I get downstairs wearing my bear onesie.

"Hello there winter bear!" My sister says as she walks with her breakfast in hand and sits on the couch in our living room.

"Yes. I did woke up early today. Anything else?" I say knowing that her sarcastic comments can be thrown at me at any moment.

"What did I say mom. She's really excited for this day. It seems like yesterday you were so done with your first day of college but look at you now! I can't seem to think you're even the same person." She laughs as she tells our mom. My mom, who's currently mashing potatoes in the kitchen lets out a small giggle.

"I can't deny that about you Maya. She's right." Mom agrees.

I stomp my feet as I walk and get my breakfast burrito that my mom makes at home. And it is 10x times more delicious and filling.

"What? You tryna break the floor with your feet?" Zoe says.

"What if I am?" I smirk and take a bite of my burrito.

Zoe rolls her eyes and watches a show on TV.

"Good morning!" My dad says as he comes out of his bedroom.

"Good morning Dad!" I say with the rest of my fam.

He smiles and hugs my mom from the back.

"What are you doing! The children are here." My mom sparks up.

"So? What's wrong with that? You're my wife." Dad says without any hesitation.

I rest my hand on my cheek and look at my parents. All cute and caring. I wish the same for when I get married to someone, we don't lose our charm as we grow together.

"I heard that there's an event today at Maya's college. When is it?" He asks as he eats his bowl of cereal.

"Oh!! Dad its the winter formal tonight! My friend Sky, is coming over to our house and we'll go together to the formal." I tell him my plan.

"That's very good! Is Zoe dropping you off?" He asks.

"Well ofcourse!" I reply to him.

"Aren't your dates coming to pick you up?" Zoe says casually.

"You have a date?" Dad asks.

Zoe. You're gonna regret this.

"Uh no.. well kinda.. but I'm not going with him. We decided that its better to come with a friend and then enjoy at the formal altogether. Cause its the same anyways." I tell him nervously.

"Is it that pretty boy... Jun?" My mom asks and it looks like she didn't hear any of my chat with Dad.

"Mom, as I told you-"

"Ofcourse Mom! Who else would it be that our stubborn Maya would like!" Zoe says loudly causing me to hit her in the head even more.

My mom and dad barely know anything about him other than he's A friend of mine. Like only as a "friend."

Dad gives me a glare and I gulp.

"I won't ask much but I would like to meet this guy and see for myself if he's good enough for my daughter." He says.

"Dad!!! I will invite him to dinner so don't worry.. I think, he's a great guy.." my last sentence ends up coming out as a mumble.

He nods in approval.

"Sky would look great with Asher, I must say." Zoe says and she's really charged up today isn't she?

I sigh.

Oh gosh. Just hearing his name brings back what happened that day.

I finish up and do my skincare. I put on a soothing mask to help my face de-puff. It's lemon scented. I massage the rest of the serum on to my hands. I rest my back on a pillow and dig for my phone. I unplug it from the charging port.

There's a message from Sky.

Sky - Soo, here's the thing.. I barely know anything about makeup so you and Zoe need to help me out and look good. Will it be okay with you?

Maya - Sky, you didn't even have to ask!! I'm always ready to dress you up to your liking so there's no pressure at all. I would love that. So hurry up and come as soon as you can!

I press send.

She immediately replies.

Sky - Alright I'll be at yours at 1!

Maya - yass!

...

The door bell rings and I hurry down the stairs, I swing the door open and greet Sky as she is already in her formal wear. 

"You look beautiful partner!" I compliment her. She really does look wonderful in her sky  blue dress, It matches her soo well. 

"Did you get your eyebrows done? They look on point!" I say to her as I notice the change.

"Haha you've got sharp eyes! but yeah I did get them done yesterday." She replies.

"Perfect! then that only means... I simply have to do your makeup and hair! I know just the look!" I tell her and we both head upstairs to my room.

I wear my dress which is fully prepped and sit down to start my makeup. I use the picture I saved off of pinterest as a reference. Sky views her dress in a full-length mirror and spins.

Once I'm almost done, I direct Skylark as I'm about to do her makeup. Her features are quite different than mine. I personally love her eye-shape because the eye-makeup glides smoothly and there's enough space for me to do her eyeliner without any problem. I put on light-weight fake eyelashes which she tells me that it's her first time wearing them. 

"It feels weird." She says as she blinks.

"I feel like there's a small spider sitting on top of my eyes." She says.

"Ha! Well you'll get used to them in no time! See, you look soo pretty." I say to her as I'm done with her makeup. She glances at the mirror and lets out a gasp.

"Oh my goodness! I didn't recognize myself for a moment!" She moves her face from side to side and smiles.

"Thanks Maya, you did an excellent job really! The makeup doesn't feel too heavy at all. I'm quite comfortable. I'm really grateful to you!" she says as she holds both of my hands.

"Ofcourse! what are soulmates for?" I smile fondly.

We both end up jamming to "friends" by V and Jimin.

Hello my alien

 We are each other's mystery 

Is that why it's even more special...

As I'm about to head down the stairs and call out for my sister, Zoe, to drop us off to college. I quickly check everything around my room if I need something to take with me.

My eyes fall upon the snowflake necklace.

Will it be alright to keep this? Things have gotten pretty awkward between us since that day..

I take a deep breath as I collect my thoughts about what to do, and finally, sit in the car with Sky with Zoe driving us, and go to the long awaited winter formal.

This is going to be it.