• Chapter Seven •

"I didn't see you at break. Is everything okay?" Jun says to me.

Our break ended 10 minutes ago. Now its our sports period. We're outside playing different kinds of sports. I chose basketball and Jun decided to stick with me too. I'm kind of glad I have someone to play it with.

Back in my school, we had a whole girl group that participated in tournaments. And we won at basketball too. It was a great victory for our class. I really miss that time.

"Yeah all good." I lie. I don't want to tell him about how the girls decided to make assumptions about us.

"If you say so.. Me and Asher were kinda waiting for you though." He says.

"Ah well, maybe next time? Anyways are you good at throwing baskets?" I say changing the topic.

"Do you wanna have a match? Then you'll see how good I am." He says with a smirk.

Would you look at that. He is a bit mischievous after all.

"Let's do it!" I say bouncing the ball on the ground.

"1... 2... 3... START!"

I throw the ball up in the sky and wait for it to hit the ground and grab it from Jun. It works! I have the ball in hand, I'm bouncing it up and down and run away to throw a basket but Jun has long legs and his pace is faster than mine. He reaches for the ball but I successfully block him.

Ha! I'm gonna win baby!

As I'm about to run aside from him and almost get a point, Jun jumps out of nowhere and proceeds to ruin my throw.

"HEY!" I shout at him.

"Better luck next time!" He winks and casually makes it his point.

We go for round two and I'm determined I'm going to score this time. I catch the ball and give my best to block Jun. I run around bouncing the ball, and SHOOT! I jump up and throw the ball into the basket but I don't see Jun, who tried to do the same trick again. This time though, he fails and instead my elbow hits his face and I score!

Oh no! Is he hurt? Frick.

"I'm sorry! I hope it doesn't hurt that bad!" I ask him.

He's covering his mouth and I can barely hear him.

"Hey! Show me your mouth!!" I tiptoe and remove his hand from his face. I look at him and he goes, "I'm fine Maya." And gives me a small smile.

Why you looking so cute for?

"I- I- uh.. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME IN BETWEEN MY THROW JUN!" I snap at him.

He bursts into laughter.

"I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously when you're so short. You look too cute!" He says.

I blush. Ah this boy!

"Excuseee me? I'm not that short! I'm 5'5 and it's not my fault you're such a giant!" I tell him. I can feel my cheeks burning up and I'm also out of breath.

"Haha okay! We can check our height in the mirror if you'd like. You can also stand on your tippy toes and we'll see if you can reach my height." He says pointing at the mirror.

We both stand infront of the mirror and he definitely looks like a 5'9. I stand on my tiptoes next to him and say, "See I'm almost your height when I'm standing like this." And give him my proud smile.

He turns me around so that we're face to face. And slides his hand against my waist.

"Yeah this is the perfect height." He looks at my face.

My body feels a little shaky. Why is he holding me like this? I'm not sure what's he thinking.

I quickly turn away from him and go back to class. I need some water right now!

But as I move forward, I see someone standing infront of my step. It's Asher.