• Chapter Twenty-Six •

Maya - I'm in a bus on my way. Calm down I'll be okay!

Jun replies within a second as if he's waiting for me to reply back.

Jun - I still can't believe you're doing this...

Aww he's sweet. But dude. Let me try this for once.

I look outside from the bus window and it looks like I'm only a few minutes before I reach college. I internally prepare myself on how am I supposed to find my way up to the roof if the light are going to be all switched off. I don't know where the power button is!

As I'm deep into my thoughts the bus stops, just a little bit further.

"Excuse me! I'll take my leave here." I say loudly letting the bus driver stop his vehicle.

He hears my voice and steps on the brakes. I get off the bus and I'm hit with the chilly breeze. I wrap my jacket around myself even tighter and start trudging towards the college ground.

The place looks alot scarier at night as the sound of hooting owls from the trees is echoing all over. I take a deep breath and jump over the fence as quietly as I can. Its not too huge. Just a few feet above me. I easily make my way ahead.

Oh gosh. I'm actually inside here at this hour.

I check my phone and it's about 12 pm. I make my way up through the corridor and check that the washroom lights are on.

Weird.

Suddenly I hear something.

Don't be paranoid. It's only in my head.

But then I feel that there is a shadowy presence behind me. The lights from the washroom makes it visible for me to see. I gulp and slowly step forward.

I refrain from taking out my phone at the moment and keep walking. I hope the person goes away soon.

As I'm closer towards the gym. The lights are also switched on here and it makes me confused.

Do they not care about the electricity bill or something? Why are the lights on? So the ghosts could play?

I remove the mask from my face since it's getting suffocated by the lack of ventilation and take a peek inside. There is a janitor mopping the floor at the very left corner.

And just as I am looking at the worker, he snaps his head towards my direction and sees me. Or atleast knows that someone is here.

Shit.

Suddenly, I feel a hand grab onto my jacket and pull me backwards. I jump but don't create a sound. I try to see who it is but my poofy hood is making it way too hard for me to look in this dark area.

I get slammed onto the wall just behind the locker and the lights flashes on the face of the mystery person that dragged me away back here.

What the-

"Jun!?! What are you doing here? Did you follow me?" I whisper to him as I look up at him. We are so close to each other. My face is almost touching his chest. I can smell his cologne from being near him.

He smells soo good. Did he spray his perfume before coming here?

"Yeah! I came here at the second you decided to do this stupid dare. You were about to get caught too." He says to me as he looks into my eyes.

His face tells me he was genuinely concerned.

"Come on. Let's get out of here. My car is parked right outside." He says to me.

"No way. I did not just sneak out of my room like a ninja and take the bus just to quit and run back. I'm completing this dare whether you want me to or not." I say and yank my arm away from his hold.

"Asher really did have that kind of influence on you..." He looks down and sighs. As if he regrets that me and Asher met in the first place.

"Are you jealous?" I say and raise my right eyebrow.

He clears his throat to say something but instead of an answer to my question he instead goes, "Fine! I'm letting you do this dare on one condition. I'm doing it with you." He says.

"Are you kidding? No! Why would you-"

"Sorry Maya. I'm not too keen on you staying here all by yourself with that janitor mopping the floor for who knows how long. So let's get this over with. Together." He interrupts.

I bite my lower lip and come to a conclusion.

"Then we better hurry and get to the rooftop before the guy gets anymore suspicious." I say.

Jun holds out his hand and I slide my cold hand into his grip. We both dash out from the locker and run upstairs. We pass by the gym hall. There is a storage room right beside the roof.

"Is the door open?" I ask as my eyes dart around if the janitor saw us.

Jun slams the door open and I look at him with shaking eyes.

That was a loud noise.

We both close the roof door behind us and pray that the janitor leaves us alone. Or else it won't be pretty.

"We kinda made it alive. But let's not jinx it too early!" Jun says nervously and scratches the back of his head. One hand still holding mine more tightly this time.

"Ah." I raise my hand up the one's that's in his grip.

"You can let go now.." I say to him.

"Oh!" He quickly lets go of my hand shyly.

I'm glad it's Jun who came here.

"How can we stay up here all night?" Jun says.

"Well.. good question. But I came prepared. I'm already warmed up in my outfit." I say and spin around.

"Well that's great. I only wore a sweater since I was in a hurry." Jun says and tugs on his sweater sleeves.

I feel bad that he didn't get the time to wear clothes according to the cold weather that's only growing more and more as each minute passes by.

"Aw.. then how about I do this?" I take off my jacket and put it around him.

I feel Jun flinch as I put the jacket on him.

"Your hands already felt soo cold. I can't take your jacket." He says.

"I'm not done yet!" I speak and wrap my hands around his waist underneath the jacket.

"How can you be soo comfortable with a boy you only know for a few weeks at college. I wouldn't give away my trust into someone easily." He says.

"You're right. But I just feel... Easy around you. And if you ever try to do anything remotely dumb. You're gonna catch these hands. Don't underestimate me." I say as I make fists out of my hands.

He laughs.

"Ooou fiesty! Alright you can calm down." He says and pulls me closer towards him. His hands wrap around my shoulders in a respectable manner.

"I won't do anything that takes away the impression you have about me."

"Good."

We both stand near each other in that position for a while. Not saying anything. Just listening to the sound of the wind and for me, his heartbeat.

"Are we going to stand like this forever?" He says.

"I like it. This hug is going to keep us both warm. But yeah it might get tiring. My legs already feel wobbly." I say.

"Should we check the storage room for something that might resemble a comforter or a blanket?" Jun asks.

"Yep. Let's check it out." I reply.

We both pull away from our hug and he lends me back my jacket.