• Chapter Three •

I finally find the college cafeteria after all that happened. I go up to the counter and get a sandwich with orange juice. I sit down on an empty chair and table and eat my lunch.
The sandwich is loaded with mayo. I take some of it out cause it's alot for my liking.

After 30 minutes, our break is over and everyone starts to head back to their classes.
I also switch off my phone, and walk back to my classroom. There are only a few hours left until dismissal so I try and get through the rest of the day.

It's finally over. My first day at college is finally done. And it was okay. The one thing I didn't like the most is my clumsy ass at the stairs. I hope I never bump into the same guy again. I hope he didn't see my face. Hell, it was embarrassing.

I wait outside for my big sister to pick me up.

"Hey! Maya over here!" I hear Zoe's voice as she is honking the car horn.

"Oy! You didn't have do that." I say being frustrated.

"Do what? Anyways how was your first day?" Zoe asks me.

"Honk the horn continuously. You didn't have to do that. And don't even ask how my day went. It was ridiculous." I say recalling what happened throughout my day.

"Ahaha! Ok I won't ask if you don't wanna tell but.. Did you make any friends?" She says.

"Nope. It's not kindergarten anymore. We can't just make friends by saying, ''Hi! Let's be friends'' that doesn't work anymore sis." I say by raising my hand for emphasis.

"Oh Maya. Lighten up a bit. I'm sure you'll be able to make friends as you proceed. It's going to be a learning process." Zoe gives me positive response.

We get back home and I immediately flop down on my comfy bed.

"Oh how I've missed you." I say swirling the bed covers.

I change back into my PJ's and put my hair up in a bun. I wash my face. It feels soo good!
My small brown eyes are sparkling, and my honey skin is looking fresh. I have thick eyebrows and a slender nose. My lips are slightly small. Most of my relatives say I look just like my mother. And I do see it now as I'm getting older.

I go into the living room and see my dad watching a cricket match on T.V.

"Hey Dad!! How are you?" I say while I give him a hug.

"I'm fine dear. How are you? Today was your first day of college right?! How did it go?" He says.

Ugh. Not this question again. I don't want to tell him that I almost broke my nose and went to the infirmary..

"Umm it was okay.. (I guess)." I sigh.

"I sure hope you study well Maya. And tell me whatever you need, we can go together to buy whatever you want. How's that?" He says patting my back.

"Yes. I will tell you dad. Thank you." I say.

I eat dinner with my family. I clean up after I finish eating and go back to bed. I'm sleepy but my mind keeps me up with different kind of thoughts.

Should I take part in different clubs? I mean I can be a good editor? Or is it just a waste. Maybe focusing on my studies more is a better idea. I wish I was good at quizzes.

I brush off these thoughts from my brain for now and get a good sleep. I can worry about these things later. Got plenty of time for that.