• Chapter Thirteen •

Jun - Wassup Maya?

Jun also texts on the groupchat.

I step inside my room, and lay on my bed. They're both awake. Interesting.. I should also add Sky in this chat though.

Maya - I'm good. Btw guys I'm adding Sky on here as well! Since we're all supposed to go out together.

Asher - Yeah sure!

Jun - Okay ✓

Asher - I'm bored :(

Jun - Well I gotta go right now, just came to say hi, you both carry on. Bye!

Wait Jun!! Don't leave me hanging with your hot friend! It's gonna get awkward between us both..

Asher - okay byebye! Umm Maya if you don't mind.. We can chat privately. Wouldn't wanna disturb the two people who are currently unavailable.

I- What should I do? Well.. I'm not sleepy either. And maybe this is a good opportunity to get to know him better?

Maya - Okay. I added you into my contacts.

Asher - Soo.. how's it going?

Asher and I are now only texting each other in private.

Maya - Nothing much.. I'm having a sleepover.

Asher - ooh explains why you're up so late.

Maya - Ha! Yeah.. What about you? Umm Asher where are you from? I don't think I properly know that.

Asher - Texting you. So, basically I was born in Korea but, my parents are Chinese. Which makes me Chinese as well yet I know korean and English way better. I know it's a bit confusing.

Maya - Ah I see! No worries I understand. So how did you and Jun became friends?

Asher - I see someone's being interested in me ;) haha jk. Umm my dad and his dad were bestfriends since they worked at the same place. So we both met each other when I was 7 and he was 5. He had just started 1st grade and I was in 2nd. We both got admitted at the same school and decided to come to college with one another as well.

Maya - Oh don't flatter yourself lol. And wow! I see you both go a long way. I wish I came to college with one of my friends.

Asher - You did make friends here though? Jun, me and Sky. But I can see why you would say that. School friends.. They just know us like no one else could. But we have to let go sometimes.

Maya - Exactly.

Asher - The mood here got a little serious aha.. Miss Maya, where should we go together with our friends? Do you have any place in mind yet? I don't know much about here so could you suggest me some?

Maya - First of all, what's with you calling me "Miss Maya" and secondly, even though its winter, the beach at this place called Mania is really nice. They have live music going on, the food is delicious. So I would want to go there.

Asher - That's my nickname for you ofcourse! I like it ^.^ and Mania sounds good! How about we go this Sunday?

Maya - I got a nickname. Already? Then its only fair if I give you one too! And sure.. let's ask Jun and Sky tomorrow if they are willing to go to this place.

Asher - I usually go by Lee or Ash? Pick one.

Maya - hmm give me a second.

Let's think of a funny way to call him.

Maya - OH got it!

Asher - what is it? :p

Maya - I'll call you Ashlee! >.<

Asher - Wth? That sounds like a girl's name!! Change please!

Maya - Nope I love it! You're Ashlee! Heya Ashlee ;)

Asher - I give you such a pretty name and you come up with that! Well atleast you love something about me. :(

Maya - Excuse you? My name was already pretty mwhaha! And I like the nickname I picked for you. Nothing more than that lol.

He isn't as bad as I thought.

Maya - Alright.. I'm gonna sleep now. I had a fun time talking to you though. Let's continue later. Goodnight!

Asher - The feeling is mutual. Goodnight Maya. Take care <3

The heart emoji? He sure is a flirt.

I put down my phone and feel a wave of happiness. This isn't so bad.