• Chapter Thirty-Two •

We pull up in the driveway and stand outside the gate of our college. The white lights are twinkling from the roof of the building. It really gives off a winter aesthetic vibe. I take a quick snap of the view and check myself out in the front camera of my phone. I take out my lipstick from my bag and apply it. It's cherry red in color.

"Let's take a selfie before we head inside?" I ask Sky and she nods.

As we get inside the auditorium where the event is held, I can already hear the soft music blazing out from the speakers.

"Wow..." I froze to my spot as I see the beautiful blue and grey theme and lighting of the whole area. It doesn't look like our auditorium on a regular basis. It looks extravagant and like a professional hall.

"I'm amazed that you were able to manage all this Sky!" I genuinely appreciate her.

"It wasn't only me, Asher helped and so did the rest of the students." She replies.

I can tell she looks satisfied with the setting. Her eyes are sparkling with a small smile on her face. As we keep walking I spot someone's back, which looks way too familiar to me. I sneak behind him and wrap my arms around him. He suddenly jolts and looks behind.

If I wasn't already soo fond of you. You had to make that hairstyle.

"Maya!" Jun speaks as we lock our eyes together.

"Hi Yeon-jun, you're looking fancy tonight aren't you?" I say. His normal bangs are now swept back showing his forehead. His face seems more charming than ever. He's wearing a black tuxedo with a maroon shirt underneath. And a tie to complete his fit.

How are you real? And we're kind of matching too.. AHH!

"You look gorgeous." He says.

"Right back at you!" I say pointing finger guns at him to hide my blushing self.

Sky stands beside us.

"Where's Asher?" She asks Jun.

"Oh he was just here a minute ago. Maybe he went to get something? We both came here together." He says.

"As a couple huh?" Sky teases him.

"What?!? No, haha we're bros." Jun quickly adds.

"I was kidding you dummy!" Sky smacks his shoulder. Jun nervously smiles and nods his head. He's still shy while he talks at times.

"I'll go get us drinks, save a seat for me pretty please!" I say as I could use a refreshment to quench my thrist.

I spot a working lady with a few glasses of juice and pick an orange flavoured one.

"Thank you." I say to her.

I take a sip of my drink and turn around, I see Asher just a few steps ahead of me. He seems to be holding something in his hand. I go upto him and greet him.

"You finally came." He says.

"How could I miss it." I reply.

There's a slight awkwardness in our tone that we didn't have before. Before the confession. But right now, I can really sense it. And I want us to get this over with.

"Here. I got this for you. Might be the last present that you'll be receiving from me.." He says as he hands me a pretty white daffodil.

"T-thanks..." I take it from him.

But what does he mean by the last present? Is he going away?

"But, Asher I- I need to clear everything to you. And apologize.." I stutter on my words.