• Chapter Twenty-one •

"I also love this picture of mom here." I point at a photo where mom is wearing a navy blue dress. She also has bangs here with her curly hair.

"You look so much like her." Zoe does a face-to-face comparison by placing the picture on the side of my face.

"Yeah. I see it too but personally, mom is way more prettier. She's so elegant and lady-like. I'm a complete opposite when it comes to our personalities." I gulp down the half filled glass of water.

"Yeah! Complete opposite for sure." She giggles.

"Aye! I'm cool in my own way sis." I shrug and place my back on the chair.

Zoe does a "not really" expression and goes back to turning the pages of the photo album.

"Can we please watch the new episode!?" I say.

"Okay!! Just give me a minute."

"It's been an hour!"

*Ding dong*

Oh boy.. our parents are here already.

"You. Clean up duty. And as for me. Distraction duty." I order my sister.

"Consider it done." Zoe quickly grabs all the notes and the photo album she had place all over the kitchen counter and runs to our parents bedroom.

I take a deep breath and open the door.

"You're both back!! Pretty earlier than expected." I say.

"Maya. Help us get the rest of the bags from the car." Mom says and enters the kitchen. I take a final look around and great... My sister has left the freaking letter on the floor.

"Let me take yours first. You know how the doctor said not to carry such heavy items." I snatch the bags away from my mom and place them over the letter so she doesn't see it.

"Hey! Uff it's okay it wasn't that heavy anyways." My mom makes a confused face. But goes to sit on the sofa in the living room.

I get the rest of the grocery bags from the car with dad and set them under the kitchen counter.

I really hope Zoe's done placing everything in order. She just had to spent the entire afternoon looking for the love letters of our parents.

I bring two glasses of water to my parents as they both look tired.

I then, turn on the television for them to see.

My dad gets up and it seems like he's heading to his room. I haven't seen Zoe come out of the room yet so I stand infront of him.

"DAD! I WANT TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING!" I say a little too loudly.

"Maya!? What's gotten into you? You can show me whatever you want to later." He says.

"B-but... I will forget it later if I didn't show you right now!" I say wracking my brain with more excuses.

"What? Okay I'm sittiing right on the couch. I was just going to place the glass in the kitchen." He says and moves away from me.

Ah he got up to do that.

"Ooh! Sorry." I scratch my head.

I finally see Zoe coming out of the bedroom sneakily and greet mom and dad hello.

She gives me a thumbs up which signals that she has it all under control. I feel relaxed.

"What is it that you want me to show so excitingly?" Dad comes back from the kitchen.

Crap. What should I say?

"Uh.. umm you know what, its not finished yet and might have some mistakes.. I'll show you some other day. No biggie." I blab away.

"You are acting really suspicious today and I don't know why." He says while furrowing his bushy brows.

I give him a smile. Trying to conceal any kind of suspiciousness away from my face.

You sure took your sweet time Zoe. Don't worry. I won't let you do this again.

Zoe and I finally ended up watching the episode I was begging her to watch with me.

"Let me help you with these mom." I say to my mom as I put the snacks inside the pantry and fruits inside the refrigerator.

What is this doing here?" Mom says as she picks up the letter I was trying to hide with all my might. It still peeked its way through even with all the work. Damn it.

"Mom... I umm-" I move nervously.

My mom's raised eyebrows slowly goes back to their normal form and her lips lift a small laugh.

"Its okay Maya. I was wondering when to tell you guys this story. But it seems like you both snooped your way in yourself. Am I right?"

I also laugh and look down.

"Sorry mom. But it wasn't me. Zoe was curious soo... She decided to take out the notes and the photo album from your cupboard and I got invested in too." I tell her honestly.

She ruffles up my hair and lifts up my chin.

"You'll find someone at the right time too. You just need to be patient." She bops my nose.

"Haha mom!! Stop teasing me about boys already!" I say to her and move my face away.

"That boy we saw the other day.. hmm he wasn't bad." She says massaging her neck.

Does my mom like Yeon-jun? Okay, this is major!