• Chapter Five •

"Ah there you are lil bro! Been searching for you everywhere! You couldn't find a better place to sit? Where I could find you easily?" A guy shocks us both as Jun and I were too engrossed into our conversation.

"Asher!! What's up? And who are you calling lil bro! I'm only two years younger than you you know." He says while punching his shoulder.

"Hey! You should call me Asher hyung (big brother in korean) since I am older than you. Anyways who is this pretty Miss?" He says looking at me.

I jolt up as he speaks about me.

"Umm my name is Maya." I say to him.

"Maya. Pretty name. Okay! it was nice of you to take care of my lil bro here. I hope to see you two getting along since he never had a girlfriend in his previous school." He laughs.

"Asher what the heck dude!" Jun says while pushing him away.

I stand there. Frozen to my step.

How can a guy like him not have a girlfriend? Damn.

"Umm I'll see you tomorrow Maya. Thanks for keeping me company." I hear Jun say it to me.

"Hmm? Oh. No biggie! I had a good time too!" I raise my eyebrows and calm myself down.

"Bye. See you tomorrow!" I tell him.

He gives me a soft smile and wave and goes out the exit.

Did I just got to talk with two Korean boys in one day? Is this real? I cannot believe this. Wow. Life really does have alot of good things in store for us for the right time! Is this my right time. OH THANK YOU! For making my wish come true! eep!

I jump up and down in excitement and see a couple of student giving me a judgey look.

...

"I'm home!!" I say as I open the front door.

My sister finally picked me up from college and I couldn't keep a happy smile away from my face and she knew something good happened. She kept teasing me about it and I didn't tell her yet. I told her that we shall discuss this at night while doing skincare and she agreed to it.

"Someone is in a good mood today!" My mom says as she I hug her.

"Why can't I be in a good mood? Are you all used to seeing me being sarcastic that you forgot that I can be genuinely happy too?" I say dramatically.

"Such. A. Drama. Queen." Zoe face palms herself.

I burst into laughter and go into my room.

Yep. I like this college alright.

...

Its 10 pm and Zoe creeps into my room as she sees me on my phone.

"Whatchu doing?" She flops onto my bed.

"Nothing. Just the usual." I show her my phone. "I'm using Instagram." I say.

"Ooh. Okay I brought facemasks. Let's put them on." She shows me two packs of facemasks.

I get up from my bed and choose the citrus one. Zoe ends up using the Aloe one.
Now we're both laying down on my carpet on the floor. Letting the mask do its job.

"Soo lil sis. Tell me what got you in a good mood today." My sister says tugging my arm.

"Aha! You curious kitty. Okay, so basically.." I tell her everything. The head bump incident. Two korean boys. And how Jun became my first friend in college.

Zoe's facial expressions change from being shocked to happy to smirky in a matter of seconds. I laugh at her and my facemask almost falls off.

"Zoe, did you ever have serious feelings for someone, back in your college days?" I ask her while looking at the ceiling of my room.

"Yes. And it was a rollercoaster of emotions. But if I had the chance, I would go back to those days. I miss that time." She says.

Zoe is 23 and currently studying fashion designing. She's also working as a part timer at a store. She's a hardworking person and so humble and easy to talk to. I'm glad I have a big sister like her.

"Soo.." I turn around and look at her. "Why did you stop dating?"

"I guess, I didn't love him as much as he loved me. And I didn't want to hurt him that way. So I ended my relationship with him." She says. But I can feel a little bit of regret in her voice.

"Wait.. do you like someone already?!" Zoe turns to me. Her eyes popping out.

"Ay! No way.." I wave my hand in disagreement.

But I would be lying to myself if I said I don't have a tiny crush on someone.

We both take off our facemasks and massage the leftover serum on our face. I put on some lip balm before heading to sleep.

"Just remember my advice Maya. Don't make the same mistake I made, if you love someone truly, be with him. Not with someone you feel bad for. You and him, should both feel the same way about one another." Zoe says as she's about to leave my room.

I think about what she said. So it's really a rollercoaster huh?! *Sigh*