• Chapter Twenty-seven •

"I think this will do!" I say as I pick up an off-white blanket with red stripes on it.

Jun turns around and nods in approval.

"Andd... Look there is also a mattress!" Jun points at the right corner inside the storage room.

"Perfect." I reply.

We both set up the things we find. Jun pulls the mattress from the room and plops it on the roof. He takes off his shoes and lays on the mattress. Stretching his whole body.

"Looks like there is only space for one person Maya." He smirks.

"Ha! That's because you've taken over my side, move!!" I sit down and shove him to his side.

He slowly rolls himself to the right.

"I can now use this blanket! Thank you." Jun says as he sees the blanket in my hands.

"You wish. I found it first." I tell him.

"I can easily win this whole mattress since I saw it first." He smugly says.

I open my mouth in shock and he laughs.

"I'm just messing around with you." He says after clearing his throat.

"I know." I smile.

I lay down on the mattress opposite Jun and look up at the night sky above me. There aren't many stars but, the ones that are there, they are glowing brightly.

I feel Jun move closer to me.

"Do you believe in horoscopes?" He asks.

"Not really. But I can relate to a few things written on there. Maybe that's also a mere coincidence." I answer.

"Good to know. Some people rely themselves on their horoscopes and I find it funny." He says.

"Well.. I won't judge them. Let people do what they want to." I shrug.

"Yeah.." Jun looks down and start fiddling with his fingers.

"Soo Maya, how was your life before college?" He says.

"It was really different.." I say as my mind goes back to the very start. When I didn't live here.

"I wasn't born here actually, I was born in the Middle East. I studied there from Kindergarten till 10th grade. Had ups and downs. Middle school was the worst. I wouldn't like to go back to that haha." I tell him nervously.

"Why? What happened in middle school?" He asks curiously.

"Complicated friendships. And how they broke off. I cried every night because I chased the people who only ignored me at the end. I'm glad I got through that phase and got to meet better friends." I explain.

"I feel bad for the people who lost you." He says.

I turn around to look at him.

"It happens. Their lose I guess. That's why I've changed too." I say still looking over his direction.

I yawn and quickly cover my mouth. My eyes feel droopy.

"You're sleepy." Jun says.

"No no. Its fine. We can keep the conversation flow going and I'm the only one that has been talking most of the time. Your turn. So, have you ever dyed your hair?" I ask.

"That question is so out of the blue but, yeah! I dyed my hair three times. Blond, grey and jet black. I liked all of them but my favorite was blond!" He says. A smile spreading across his face.