• Chapter Fourteen •

"Yo sleepyhead! Wake up. Breakfast's ready." I hear Zoe.

"Mhmm let me sleep. It's the weekend anyways." I mumble and pull the covers up so its covering my face from the sunlight coming out of the window.

"Maya. It's already late. Look its 12 pm. Get up!" Zoe says again.

Ugh why!! Can't even sleep peacefully on the weekend.

I sit up on my bed, eyes barely opening, and put my messy hair up into a bun.

I wash up and see that my family downstairs, is already dispersed everywhere around the house.

"I'll have the fried egg." I raise my hand up.

"How was your late night shenanigans?" My mom comes into the kitchen.

"We had alot of fun! Thanks aunty, I really enjoyed my stay with Maya and Zoe." Raven says. She looks fresh as a daisy.

Zoe and Raven were the last ones to sleep yesterday. Yet, they woke up before me. I guess my body needed more sleep then they did.

"Don't mention it. You know you are always welcome." My mom tells her.

We all eat breakfast together and Raven says that its time for her to head home. She already packed everything she brought in yesterday and is about to head out.

"But you just got here! Stay for a bit longer!!" I say to her.

"I would've loved to Maya. But I will visit often from now on." She says and gives me a small smile.

"That was a long drive too from where you live. Take care on your way home Rae!" Zoe says giving her a hug.

"I will! Alright peace out fellas!" She waves her hand and goes out to her car.

"Zoe. When are you going to teach me how to drive?" I ask her.

"When I feel like you're good enough to drive my car." She gives me a smirk and goes back to the living room.

She can get on my nerves sometimes!

"Skylark!!" I call Sky on my phone because I'm bored.

"Haha hey! How are you?" I hear her voice.

"I'm Gucci duh. You say?" I say as I randomly doodle on my notebook.

"I'm Chanel then." She says.

"Did you read the group messages?" I ask her.

"I most definitely did! And you better spill what you and Asher talked about after the little message he sent "let's talk to each other in private" " She mimicks.

"Hahaha! Ofcourse will be giving you the details later. But, changing the topic, when did you wake up?"

"I woke up early at 9 probably."

"Wow. Early bird. I woke up an hour ago."

"Haha I won't judge you. College has been eating our brains up. I would much rather experience a more fun way like a zombie apocalypse."

"Right?! It's just been a week and I have soo many assignments. Let's cry together."

"Hehe. Okay let me come onto the groupchat and we shall confirm our plan."

"Okay.. I'll be back later on it though. Gonna start doing my homework first."

"Aha good luck! Talk to you later."

"Thanks. Byee." I say and hang up.

...

I take a hot shower and let the heat sink into my body. Taking a hot shower in winter season has to be the best feeling ever until, its time to get dressed. Your whole body starts to shiver as the cold air hits you.

I met my hair out of the towel and blow dry it on a warm setting.

I cut up some fruit and munch on it while I complete the assignments on my laptop.

Today is Saturday, which means my favorite show airs a new episode.

"Time for a break!" I quickly get up as I see what time it is and turn on the T.V in the living room.

I finish watching the episode which ends in a cliffhanger.

Ofcourse, I'll have to wait for another week to see what happens next.

"Maya! We're going to your favorite bakery to get some cake. Do you want to go too?" My mom and dad say as they see me.

I jolt up from the couch and shout "YESS!" I've been craving some cookies myself.

I get ready, and run to my parents.

"Okay! Let's get going!"

As we're about to head inside the bakery, I can already smell various sweets, it smells delicious. The bakery is huge with different kinds of bread, brownies and biscuits. There are also Christmas themed sweets like candy canes, gingerbread.

"I think we should buy this one Dear." My mom says to my dad as she points at a fruit cake with lots of whipping cream.

"Sure! Excuse me, we'd like this cake please. One." My dad says to the worker.

"Alright. Anything else?" The worker says.

"Ooh! These cookies please. One whole batch." I tell him as I point towards the gooey chocolate chip cookies which seem like they just came straight out of the oven.

The guy packs our stuff and dad pays the cashier.

"Let's put this in our car and have a look around the mall." My mom tells my dad.

"Okay. You both go and I'll wait in the car." My dad says and takes the package from my mom.

Mom and I head inside the mall.

"Look! This is such a pretty pendant Maya!" My mom says as she shows me a sunflower pendant.

We're inside a jewelry stall.

"Yes mom. Its cute." I say to her.

We then head into a shoe store by my demand.

Now this is what I'm talking about.

"Mom! I need new winter boots please! See these ones are soo nice!" I point at the black heeled boots which are on sale.

"Hmm not bad. Okay I'll let you buy them." She says with a fond smile.

"Thank you!!" I squeal and hug my mom.

As we're about to head back to our car. I see a familiar silhouette of someone.

I walk forward and he turns around.

It's Jun?

"Hey mom, that's my classmate. Yeon-jun." I tell her.

"Really? That tall guy?" She says and she points at him.

"Mom! Don't point at him, he'll notice!"

But its too late. Jun looks at us and gives me a smile. He then, starts walking towards us.

Uh oh..