• Chapter Thirty •

I stride towards my home. Unable to think. I hope I don't hit my head while walking.

Oh wait. Jun caught me when that happened at the first day of college ha! We've come a long way from there.

Met Asher and Sky too after that. And we all clicked.

If Asher didn't confess to me. I wouldn't be soo confused right. I should have seen it coming. I had a feeling that he felt that way about me.

Gosh! Why was I being so oblivious?

I need to rest right now.

I reach my home in a hurry and throw myself on my freshly made bed.

"Careful! I just fixed your room. It was a mess." Zoe calls

"I'm puzzled." I say and cover my face with both my hands.

"Why? What's up?" She says.

"Too much sis. Too many things are up.." I reply.

"Alright. You need to freshen up and calm down with all your puzzle piece talk. I'll leave you be for now." She says.

"You were right Zoe. Your advice came in view for me today. And I took it. But why do I feel guilty?" I tell her.

She spins around to face me and licks her lips. I think she knows exactly what I'm talking about.

"It does feel like guilt at first. But you'll know you've made the right decision of saying what you had to. You told him the truth right? Didn't sugar-coat or anything? Cause knowing you, you're straightforward."

"Yep! You better believe I did that. Ugh. I'm just-" I start rolling around my bed in anguish.

Zoe pulls my hands and I sit up straight. She fixes my hair which look like a broomstick.

"Hey. It's okay. By the passage of time. You'll feel better." She assures me.

"So who is the lucky guy that you chose?" She asks me.

I blush at the thought of him. My heart feels fuzzy just remembering the night we spent together.

"Yeon-jun." I tell her while looking down. Unable to control the flushed color in my cheeks.

Her eyes widen and she smacks my shoulder.

"Oi!" I tell her when she does that.

"Damn! I was kinda rooting for you and Asher but oh well! You do you! I'm sure he's a great guy even though I have just seen his picture." She continues.

"He's the softest boy you'll ever meet sis. I... Really like him. And I get the hint that he does too. His personality is even more adorable than his face." I say while moving my feet in excitement.

"Look at you. Being all shy and cute. Just wait till he sees the state of you when you're home. He'll laugh his head off!" She teases me.

"EVERYONE LOOKS LIKE THIS WHEN THEY'RE HOME. THAT'S THE POINT OF BEING IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE!" I tell her and get up.

She cracks up even more.

"Anyways. I'm taking a shower." I say and stride to my bathroom.

"You should. I smelled something stinking. Found out it was you all along! Go shower!" Zoe says while laughing.

I throw my plushie at her direction which she dodges smoothly and I get even more frustrated.

Oh well. I should relax. Calm down. My mind can use the rest.

...

"Put some more rice in your plate Maya! How is that portion going to help you fill up?" My mom says as its time for dinner.

We're all sitting at the table and eating rice and gravy.

I can't eat with soo much going on in my mind and that's why my dear mother is worrying about me. Usually I eat a good amount but today. I feel like the thoughts in my head are already eating me up instead.

"Oh.. I'm not that hungry." I reply to her.

"I don't think that's the reason.." Zoe mumbles.

I nudge her foot under the table. And tell her to stop.

"What did you say?" My mom asks.

"Oh its nothing, I was just saying how good the food tastes today! Yum!" She says and stuffs her mouth with rice.

I chuckle when I see her face. It looks funny.

After I finish up, I head to my room and search online what kind of makeup and hairstyle would look nice with my dress for the winter formal. There are many options. But I choose the one where my eye makeup stands out more. And I decide to curl my hair and pin it up into a bun.

I take the dress out of my closet and check it again in the mirror. It's beautiful. It's a red velvet dress.

I wonder what Jun would be wearing. Should I text him?

I look at the clock and its 9 pm. I hope he's not busy.

I send him a text.

Maya - Hi! How are you?

I put my phone down and take out the accessories that I bought which go with my dress. They're silver in color. I had a little trouble choosing between gold or silver since they both went well with my dress but finalized with silver at the end.

I place them on my dressing table so I don't loose them when it's time to dress up.

My phone vibrates and I pick it up.

He replied!

Jun - Hii! I'm doing fine and what about you?

Maya - I was just checking my dress that I'll be wearing tomorrow. Have you decided about your suit?

Jun - Nice! Oh umm not really I might rent a tux if I go out tonight anywhere.

Maya - wait... You still haven't rented it? Boy, the formal is literally tomorrow!! Aren't you excited?

Jun - yes yes I know Maya! I'm only excited to see one person. By the way, what is the color of your dress?

I- is he talking about me?

I try not to put my focus on the thing that he just said and instead answer his question.

Maya - Oh I'm wearing a red dress.

Jun - Just so you know, red is my favorite color :)

Maya - is it? Or did you just make that up just now? ;)

Jun - I'm being for real!

Maya - haha I was kidding. Well, make sure you get your suit ready for tomorrow. It's a big night.

Jun - I will. ~

I can't wait to see you Jun. I hope I can confess without any hesitation.

Tomorrow, you better help me out!