• Chapter Twenty-eight •

I hear faint knocking on the door.

"Hey! Are you going to college or not?" Zoe says.

Crap.

"Uh no. I want to stay in today." I say. I can feel my voice vibrate as I speak.

Zoe busts inside my room and I cover my face with my blanket.

"Why is that? Are you feeling well?" She says. Her voice echoing. She reaches for my blanket and slowly pulls it away from my face. I can see she looks slightly concerned.

"I don't know. I don't feel like going today. My legs hurt and I feel dizzy." I make up a random excuse which isn't a complete lie. I have been walking around all night sneaking out and my head does feel dizzy after sleeping soo late.

"Are you sure?" She says.

"Yeah I am."

"Alright I will let mom know and call the college too that you're taking the day off." She says.

I hope she's not suspicious.

"Fine with me." I say.

"Do you want to have breakfast anyway?" She asks as she's about to head out.

"Yes. I'd like that." I say.

I eat my breakfast which consists of cheese and jam sandwich and a glass of warm milk. I take a huge sigh. My stomach is now satisfied with the food. Just a few minutes ago it was making grumbling noises like crazy.

"Do you feel okay Maya? I heard from Zo that you're not going to college." Mom asks.

I clear my throat. "I wanted to rest that's all. I won't take leave next time unless it's an emergency."

"Yeah. You shouldn't ditch college. Your dad would not be pleased if you start taking a day off too often." Mom lectures me.

"Yes. I got it. Won't happen again." I say and gulp down the last of my glass of milk.

I must say. I am acting as if the whole sneak out session didn't happen. It sort of seems like I just woke up from a dream. No one suspects anything at all. Wow. Who knew I can put up such an act.

I check my phone and a new message pops up just as I tap the screen.

Its from Skylark.

Sky : yo! Where are you Maya? Haven't seen you in your classroom. Don't tell me you ditched today because of your dare last night. And speaking of that exact topic, I need to know the details quick. I checked the groupchat in the morning. What on earth was happening? Jun seemed pretty worried.

It must be her first period by looking at the time. That's why she texted me.

Maya : Hey! Yeah, I am not going to be at college today because of that EXACT reason :p
And obviously I will let you know about the whole late night dare thing. Your girl was feeling like a daredevil!! And about Jun... Yeah he came too. We did the dare together. Err so there's that!

I reply back.

Sky : EXCUSE ME?
         WAIT!
         YOU GUYS...
         DID WHAT NOW?
         Don't tell me there's more to that!! Cause I'm wayy too curious! Omg.

Well. She seems excited to know.

Maya : Calm down oh gosh! You're making me laugh. I'll tell you in person.

Sky : ofcourse you're telling me in person because after college ends, I'm coming straight to your house.

Maya : Don't joke around. You for real?