• Chapter Sixteen •

As time passes by, I decide to get ready for our outing.

I wash my face and moisturize my skin. The weather really flakes out my skin these days so I make sure to avoid that. I get my makeup all set up infront of me. I line my eyes with liner and put on some peachy blush with a deep shade of pink for my lips.

I straighten my hair and style my bangs. I wear my outfit and I feel confident in it. I see my reflection in the full length mirror and snap a picture of myself.

Ooh I feel good!

I check the time and message Sky to ask her when she will be here.

I get a quick reply.

Sky - I'm almost done. Will be at your house in 10 minutes.

Maya - okie!

As I wait for her, I check all my social media, watch a few videos and take a few more selfies.

I mean.. it would be a waste of good lighting if I didn't take any pictures.

The door bell rings and I make a run for it to open.

"Hey!" Sky says.

"Wassup?" I say to her and invite her in.

"You look nice girl! I love your fit." She says.

"Ah I'm flattered." I say and fan myself dramatically.

"You look pretty too." I say back. She's wearing a sky-blue hoodie (the irony) which is tucked into her black denim jeans. Her hair is down. She doesn't wear much makeup since she looks good either way.

"I think Asher and Jun will be here to pick us up any min-" I'm about to finish my sentence but we both hear a loud horn outside.

"Is it them?" Sky says.

"Let me check." I open the door and see a black car parked on the road. The car door opens up, and Asher walks towards my house.

"Good evening." He says as he reaches my door step.

"Haha. You too!" I say back.

I inform my parents as I'm about to leave.

"Let's go Sky."

We both get to the car and see Jun sitting next to the driver's seat.

"Hi Maya and Sky." He says as we both sit in the back seat.

"Heyyo!" I say back.

"Sup?" Sky says.

Asher comes back and sits on the driver's seat.

"Shall we get going?" He says.

"What are we waiting for! Let's get it!" I say excitingly.

Asher laughs and starts up the car engine.

...

I look out the window and the yellow lights outside are beaming. It's been a while since I went out with my friends like this. I feel at ease. Somehow, I want all of us to stay, and make a load of memories while we are still studying together. Who knows what could happen in the future.

"Is this the right place?" Jun's voice snaps me out of my thought.

"Oh. Yes!! This is it. The parking area is just over to that side." I say.

We're really here. At the Mania. Altogether!

We all get out of the car and head inside Mania.

As we enter the place, I feel the sea breeze on my face.

"You guys haven't had dinner yet right? Cause the restaurant over here has delicious food." I tell them.

"Yep. I didn't eat anything before coming here so we should get a meal while we're at it." Jun says.

We all take a walk around the place. There is a small bridge and underneath, a stream of water running. We climb up to the bridge and take a few pictures.

"Can you take a picture of both of us?" Asher says as he hands me his phone. He wants me to take a picture of him and Jun.

"Sure!" I snap a picture of them but it turns out a bit dull because of the dim lighting.

"Guys stand over here. The lighting is much better." I direct them.

"Dude, strike a cool pose!" Asher tells Jun.

"Ah I don't know what to do." He says.

"Just. Smile." I tell Jun.

I was right. The picture comes out way nicer than before.

"Why don't we take a selfie with all of us in it?" Sky says.

"Yes!" Asher says.

"Oh, but you're taking it. Here." I hand Asher his phone back.

"Why me?"

"Cause you're the human selfie stick. Duh." Sky says.

Asher stands infront, next to him is Sky, myself and Jun at the end.

*Click*

Asher snaps our selfie.

"Now you're going to send it to our groupchat!" I tell him.

We come across a stall which has all sorts of accessories.

"Maya! Here, look at this!" Asher says as he is holding a snowflake necklace in his hand.

"Oo its really cute."

"I think this snowflake suits you."

"How come?"

"Because its cold yet, beautiful. Like you." He says.

Boi.

"Here, umm let me put it on you."

"Okay." I say.

I remove my hair from the back of my neck and he puts the necklace around it. His fingers feel warm as he clips it in place. I look into a small mirror. The snowflake is petite and silver in color which sparkles when the lights hits it.

"See! It's perfect. I'm buying it." He tells me.

"Noo! I can't accept this.." I say to him. But, he is already paying for it.

"Think of it as a gift Miss Maya." He gives me a smile.

"Thank you." I say genuinely.

"You're welcome." Asher says.

We're both looking at each other.

"Yo! Both of you! If you're done, let's get something to eat." Sky says breaking our moment.

"Y-yes! We're coming." I stutter on my words.

Ashlee. Stop being such a heart-throb.