Highschool Vs College Compare And Contrast Essay (College Comp.)

Olivia Dunbar

College Composition

Cause & Effect Essay

Mrs. Foster

November 7th, 2020

Highschool & College

The topic I chose to write about for the cause-and-effect essay is high school and college. The things I am going to write about is class times, days you have class during the week, how you only have a class once a week sometimes, and how many classes you have can differ.

The first thing I am going to write about is how class times differ from high school to college. In high school class times are always an hour a day, where in college some classes can be about two hours a day. In high school you can't be held back in class for more than a few minutes, in college you can be held back longer if things still need to be said or done. For high school this can affect you in many ways, you know that it only lasts an hour so you know you will be leaving at a certain time. In high school Knowing those things it can cause you to become anxious and irritable, you might even lose focus because you are waiting for that time to approach, you might even get punished more by the teacher because of this.

The second thing I am going to talk about is days you have class during the week. In high school you have school Monday through Friday, in college you might only have class three days a week. In high school as I said you have class Monday through Friday, in college you even have some classes on the weekends. In high school this can affect you in many ways on one them being that you will most likely always have things done and completed because things are due the next day. In college it can cause you to maybe become lazy and forget things, or even leaving things till the last minute because you have time because you have a couple of days to do what you needed to do.

The third thing I will write about is how you have classes only once a week sometimes. In high school most of the time you have the same classes every day and others every other day, in college with a few exceptions you have classes only once a week. In high school this can affect you in many ways on one them being that you will most likely always have things done and completed because things are due the next day. In college it can cause you to maybe become lazy and forget things, or even leaving things till the last minute because you have time because you have a week to do what you needed to do.

The last thing I will write about is that how many classes you may have can differ. In high school you always have seven classes, in college you can have a varying number of classes. In college the number of classes you have can depend on quite a few things such as you take summer classes, you go to college part time, and even going to college full time can decide on how many classes you have. In high school one of the ways this can affect you is that you will most likely become bored, irritable and anxious cause you are waiting for that time of day for classes to end. In college it can cause you to maybe become lazy because you have more free time, or even leaving things till the last minute because you have time to do it later and that is not a good thing.

Works Cited

My own mind

My own experiences