"Asl Fluency Activity Essay: Number 2"

Rosa Rodriguez

Teacher name

Class name

5th February 2019

                                                        "Asl Fluency Activity: Number 2"

    Did you know that American Sign Language has over 50,000 signs that is growing more and more each day. The activity that I have chosen to do for my ASL fluency activity was number two on the document. For this activity I had to go to a ASL website and practice my ASl. While on this website where I had to practice the ASL words I already knew, I also have to write down any words that I may have learned or relearned if I have forgotten them.

    What I had to do after I clicked on the link for the website that was provided on the document. After the page finished loading I typed in a word in the search box, and clicked enter. When the website finished loading again, a short video like clip popped up that showed how you would sign that word. If you wanted to look up how to sign a different word then you would just follow the previous steps that are listed above.

    Two things that I recognized while doing this activity were easy stuff, well for me at least. What I had recognized were signs that I had learned in my ASL class from the book that we are taught out of by our teacher. I had recognized the sign that was used for the word mom. I had also recognized the sign that was used for the word everyday.

    Three things that I learned from this website would be easy for experienced signers but not for me who is just getting started, the things that I have learned here I had either forgotten what they meant if they had been taught to me before but now I have relearned them, or I haven't been taught them and they are new to me. I have learned the sign that is used for the word bachelor. I have learned the sign that is used for the word calf, which is signed baby cow. I have also learned four different way to sign Close who all have a different meaning than the one before them.

    I didn't really like this activity to much, because I prefer learning or relearning signs from our teacher. Although it was kinda fun, because it was a different way of doing things. I also don't like this because there are so many ways you could sign a sign, but it is like that when we learn it from the book to. I had difficulty with trying to figure out how to maneuver through the site at first but I got the hang of it. I need to improve on my signing speed, I can't sign to fast or too slow, I need to sign it at just the right speed so everyone can understand me when I do sign.

"Works Cited"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASLPro.com Home, aslpro.com/ .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff, EasyBib. "The Free Automatic Bibliography Composer." EasyBib, Chegg, 1 Jan. 2019, .